Common Side Effects of Advair
Upper respiratory tract infections are a common side effect reported by 20 to 25 percent of patients using Advair Diskus. Other common side effects of Advair include:
- Headache and dizziness
- Nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea
- Dry mouth, nose, or throat
- Stuffy nose, sinus pain, cough, or sore throat
- Nervousness or tremor
- Severe allergic reactions including rash; hives; swelling of the face, mouth, and tongue; and problems breathing
- Breathing problems immediately after you inhale your medicine
- Increased blood pressure, irregular or fast heartbeat, or chest pain
- Eye problems, including glaucoma and cataracts
- White patches or sores in your mouth or on your lips
Advair can also cause a child's growth to be slowed. If your child takes Advair, have their growth checked often.
Taking medicines such as salmeterol may increase the risk of death from asthma problems. Follow your doctor's dosage instructions and only use Advair as long as your doctor tells you to.