Acetylcysteine inhalation solution
- Generic Name: Acetylcysteine
- Brand Names: Mucomyst, Mucosil Acetylcysteine
- Drug Class: All Other Respiratory System ProductsCytoprotectant AgentsAntidotes, Systemic
- Strengths: 10%, 20%, 200mg
- Prescription Required
- FDA Approved
- Not a Federally Controlled Drug (CSA Schedule)
What is this medicine?
ACETYLCYSTEINE (a se teel SIS teen) is a drug that loosens and thins mucus in the lungs. It is used to make breathing easier in patients with bronchitis, cystic fibrosis, emphysema, tuberculosis, or other lung problems.