Prednisolone; Sulfacetamide ophthalmic ointment
- Generic Name: Sulfacetamide, Prednisolone
- Brand Names: Metimyd, Ocu-Lone C
- Drug Class: Ophthalmological Corticosteroid and Anti-infective Combinations
- Strengths: 10-0.2%, 10-0.25%, 10-0.5%
- Prescription Required
- FDA Approved
- Not a Federally Controlled Drug (CSA Schedule)
What is this medicine?
PREDNISOLONE; SULFACETAMIDE (pred NISS oh lone; sul fa SEE ta mide) is a combination of a steroid and a sulfa antibiotic. It helps to reduce swelling, redness, and itching of the eye. It also is used to treat eye infections.