Aluminum Hydroxide; Magnesium Carbonate oral suspension
- Generic Name: Aluminum, Magnesium Carbonate
- Brand Names: Acid Gone, Alenic Alka, Gaviscon, Genaton
- Drug Class: Plain Antacids
- Strengths: 160-105mg, 254-237.5mg, 95-358mg
Other Available Forms: Aluminum, Magnesium Carbonate Oral Tab Chew
- Over the Counter (Prescription Not Required)
- Not a Federally Controlled Drug (CSA Schedule)
What is this medicine?
ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE; MAGNESIUM CARBONATE (a LOO mi num hye DROX ide; mag NEE zee um KAR bon ate) is an antacid. It is used to relieve the symptoms of indigestion, heartburn, or gastroesophageal reflux disorder (GERD).