Guaifenesin oral solution and syrup
- Generic Name: Guaifenesin
- Brand Names: Altarussin, Altorant, Diabetic Tussin EX, Ganidin NR, Iophen-NR, Mucinex Children's, Mucus Relief Children's, Organidin NR, Scot-Tussin Expectorant, Siltussin DAS, Siltussin Diabetic DAS-Na
- Drug Class: Expectorants, Plain
- Strengths: 100mg, 1200mg, 200mg, 400mg, 50mg, 600mg
- Over the Counter (Prescription Not Required)
- Not a Federally Controlled Drug (CSA Schedule)
What is this medicine?
GUAIFENESIN (gwye FEN e sin) is an expectorant. It helps to thin mucous and make coughs more productive. This medicine is used to treat coughs caused by colds or the flu. It is not intended to treat chronic cough caused by smoking, asthma, emphysema, or heart failure.