Witch Hazel topical solution wipes
- Generic Name: Hamamelis Virginiana
- Brand Names: Medi-Pads, Sani-Pads with Aloe, Tucks
- Drug Class: Topical Anti-hemorrhoidalsAstringents
- Strengths: 50%, 86%
Other Available Forms: Hamamelis Virginiana Topical Sol
- Over the Counter (Prescription Not Required)
- Not a Federally Controlled Drug (CSA Schedule)
What is this medicine?
WITCH HAZEL (WICH hey zuhl) is a botanical astringent from the plant Hamamelis virginiana. The wipes and pads are used to relieve itching, burning, and irritation caused by hemorrhoids or bowel movements. They may also be used to clean the outer vaginal area after childbirth or the rectal area following rectal surgery.