Sodium Polystyrene Sulfonate powder for reconstitution to suspension
- Generic Name: Sodium Polystyrene Sulfonate
- Brand Names: Kayexalate, Kionex, Marlexate
- Drug Class: Mineral Binding Agents Antidotes, Adsorbents
- Strengths: 15g, 453.6g, 454g
Other Available Forms: Sodium Polystyrene Sulfonate Oral, Rectal Susp
- Prescription Required
- FDA Approved
- Not a Federally Controlled Drug (CSA Schedule)
What is this medicine?
SODIUM POLYSTYRENE SULFONATE (SOE dee um pol ee STYE reen SUHL fuh neyt) takes potassium out of the body by binding to it in the intestines. It is used to treat too much potassium in the body.