Aluminum Hydroxide; Magnesium Hydroxide; Simethicone oral suspension
- Generic Name: Aluminum, Magnesium Hydroxide, Simethicone
- Brand Names: Almacone, Maalox Advanced, Maalox Max, Maalox Max Plus Antigas, Maalox Multi-Symptom, Mi-Acid, Mintox, Mylanta, Uni-Lan II
- Drug Class: Antacids with Antiflatulents Or Carminatives
Other Available Forms: Aluminum, Magnesium Hydroxide, Simethicone Oral Tab Chew
- Over the Counter (Prescription Not Required)
- Not a Federally Controlled Drug (CSA Schedule)
What is this medicine?
ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE; MAGNESIUM HYDROXIDE; SIMETHICONE (a LOO mi num hye DROX ide; mag NEE zhum hye DROX ide; sye METH i kone) is an antacid and antigas medicine. It is used to relieve the symptoms of indigestion, heartburn, sour stomach, and the discomfort caused by gas.