Access to services for individuals with disabilities
CVS/minuteclinic™ is committed to making sure that all customers and patients, including those with disabilities and their companions, receive an equal opportunity to participate in and benefit from the goods, facilities, privileges and services offered at MinuteClinic® locations. This means, among other things, that MinuteClinic facilities have been designed with accessibility in mind; service animals are welcomed in all MinuteClinic locations; MinuteClinic provides auxiliary aids and services that are necessary to ensure effective communication with individuals with disabilities; and that MinuteClinic will not exclude individuals on the basis of disability from participation in, or deny them the benefits of, the full and equal access of MinuteClinics services.
Patients with disabilities can contact MinuteClinic Patient Support at 1-866-389-ASAP (2727) to inquire about how to access MinuteClinic services. This phone number accepts relay calls.
Types of accommodations
CVS/minuteclinic offers a number of accommodations to assist patients with disabilities access the services MinuteClinic offers. Here are some examples:
- MinuteClinic strives to ensure that this website complies with the WCAG 2.0 web accessibility guidelines. If you have difficulty navigating this website, please contact 1-866-389-ASAP (2727) for further assistance.
- Patients with hearing impairments who wish to be seen in a MinuteClinic can request that an American Sign Language (ASL) interpreter be provided at their visit at no extra charge to the patient. ASL interpreters can typically be provided within 24–48 hours of the request. Hearing impaired patients can call MinuteClinic at 1-866-389-ASAP (2727) to request an ASL interpreter.
- Patients with visual impairments may obtain copies of documents related to a visit to MinuteClinic (e.g., visit summary details, prescription/post-examination instructions), as well as documents describing MinuteClinic services, generally, in alternative formats like Braille and large print upon request. Patients who wish to receive such documentation in alternative formats can ask their MinuteClinic nurse practitioner or physician assistant during their appointment, or by calling 1-866-389-ASAP (2727). Documents in alternative format will be sent to the patient via overnight UPS delivery where available.
- Patients with disabilities who have difficulty using the sign-in kiosk at a MinuteClinic location can communicate directly with the nurse practitioner or physician assistant at the MinuteClinic for assistance.
- Service animals are permitted in all areas of the CVS/pharmacy® store that are open to the public, including MinuteClinic examination rooms and restrooms.
Questions, complaints and suggestions regarding MinuteClinic services
If you experience difficulty obtaining any of these accommodations, or if you have any questions, complaints or suggestions relating to accessibility of the services offered by MinuteClinic to individuals with disabilities, please contact us at 1-866-389-ASAP (2727). MinuteClinic strives to promptly respond and appropriately resolve all such inquiries in accordance with applicable processes and procedures.