Your top stop for
New FMSCA guidelines for providers are in effect. We're ready.
Hundreds of MinuteClinic® nurse practitioners and physician assistants have passed the new certification requirements to perform DOT physicals.*
Come in and your MinuteClinic provider will:
- Review health history
- Perform a urine test
- Perform a thorough physical exam
- Complete the Medical Examination Certificate
Here are some DOT physical tips that can help you be ready and do your best.
- Don't drink coffee or smoke cigarettes 30 minutes before having your blood pressure measured.
- Before the test, sit for five minutes with your back supported and your feet flat on the ground. Rest your arm on a table at the level of your heart.
- Wear short sleeves so your arm is exposed.
- Go to the bathroom prior to the reading. A full bladder can change your blood pressure reading.
- Get two readings, taken at least two minutes apart, and average the results.
- Ask the doctor or nurse to tell you the blood pressure reading in numbers.
- Eyeglasses? Contact lenses? Hearing aid? Whichever you use, bring it with you.
- Bring a list of your current medications as well as the name and contact number of the doctor who prescribed them.
- Complete the Driver Information and Health History sections of the Medical Examination Report form. Don't forget to sign and date the form.
- Supply your MinuteClinic provider with medical records for conditions such as diabetes, cardiac disease, sleep disorders, neurological conditions, etc. If you take medications for pain, psychiatric conditions, attention deficit disorder, or smoking cessation for example, bring a letter from your treating doctor.
Availability is temporarily limited for this service.
Please click here or call
to find a clinic currently offering this service.
All MinuteClinic locations will offer DOT physicals by Fall 2014.
Get your DOT physical on your schedule
Convenient locations, friendly hours and the freedom to just walk in and be seen; MinuteClinic makes it all so easy.
- Open 7 days a week and evenings
- No appointment necessary
- Cash, checks and credit cards welcome*
Find a clinic currently offering this service. View Locations
Here for you every day
We can help you get better and feel your best.
Our practitioners also provide:**
- Treatment of minor illnesses, injuries and skin conditions.
- Monitoring for diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol.
- Comprehensive health screenings and smoking cessation.
See our flyer for professional drivers. Download PDF
*Insurance is not accepted for physicals and payment is due at time of visit.
**MinuteClinic employs physician assistants in MN, NC, NV and TX.