Bronchitis & Coughs
Kick that cough
Learn how to prepare for your visit, how to get the most out of it and about any care restrictions here.
Whether it is dry or phlegmy, coughing can be annoying and even painful. Sometimes a cough can be a sign of bronchitis — an inflammation in the tubes that carry air to your lungs. We can evaluate your symptoms and provide a treatment plan with an over-the-counter medication or a prescription if needed.
Check out great videos, health articles, tips and more.Learn More
What to know before your visit
Our practitioners provide this service to patients 5 years or older.
Patients with the following may be directed to another health care provider:
- Severe shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Severe chest pain
- Cough lasting more than 3 weeks
What to expect at your visit
- Sign in at the electronic kiosk to see a nurse practitioner or physician assistant.* No appointment necessary.
- Your practitioner will review your medical history, discuss your symptoms, conduct an examination and provide a personalized treatment plan.
- Your practitioner may conduct needed testing. Please note that additional charges apply for these tests. Visit our Price List for these fees.
- At the end of your visit, your practitioner will provide you with a summary, a receipt and educational material.
- The summary of your visit can be sent to your primary care provider with your permission.
*MinuteClinic® employs physician assistants in MN, NC, NV and TX.