Earaches & Ear Infections
We’re “hear” for you
Learn how to prepare for your visit, how to get the most out of it and about any care restrictions here.
Ear infections are caused by a viral or bacterial inflammation of the middle ear. They're common in children between 6 months and 3 years but can happen at any age. We can assess your symptoms and prescribe an antibiotic if necessary to get you or your child on the way to feeling better.
Check out great videos, health articles, tips and more.Learn More
What to know before your visit
Patients with the following may be directed to another health care provider:
- Dizziness or vertigo
- Ear trauma or foreign item in the ear
- Recent scuba diving activity
What to expect at your visit
- Sign in at the electronic kiosk to see a nurse practitioner or physician assistant.* No appointment necessary.
- Your practitioner will review your medical history, discuss your symptoms, conduct an examination and provide a personalized treatment plan.
- Your practitioner may conduct needed testing. Please note that additional charges apply for these tests. Visit our Price List for these fees.
- At the end of your visit, your practitioner will provide you with a summary, a receipt and educational material.
- The summary of your visit can be sent to your primary care provider with your permission.
*MinuteClinic® employs physician assistants in MN, NC, NV and TX.