Could it be the flu?
Learn how to prepare for your visit, how to get the most out of it and about any care restrictions here.
Also known as the flu, influenza affects the nose, throat and lungs and is caused by a virus. You can spread the flu simply by coughing or sneezing. Since the flu and a cold share the same symptoms, our practitioners can help get you on an appropriate treatment plan.
What to know before your visit
Patients with the following may be directed to another health care provider:
- Severe shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Severe chest pain
- Recent history of MRSA
- Renal insufficiency or liver disease
What to expect at your visit
- Sign in at the electronic kiosk to see a nurse practitioner or physician assistant.* No appointment necessary.
- Your practitioner will review your medical history, discuss your symptoms, conduct an examination and provide a personalized treatment plan.
- Your practitioner may conduct testing for influenza. Please note that additional charges apply for these tests. Visit our Price List for these fees.
- At the end of your visit, your practitioner will provide you with a summary, a receipt and educational material.
- The summary of your visit can be sent to your primary care provider with your permission.
*MinuteClinic® employs physician assistants in MN, NC, NV and TX.