Pink Eye & Styes
See your way to feeling better
Learn how to prepare for your visit, how to get the most out of it and about any care restrictions here.
Pink eye, also called conjunctivitis, and styes are infections of the eye. Viral and bacterial eye infections are contagious, spread very easily and sometimes occur with other illnesses such as an ear infection, sinus infection or strep throat. We can examine your eyes, conduct any needed testing and provide the right treatment plan.
What to know before your visit
Patients with the following may be directed to another health care provider:
- “Double vision” or seeing “halos” around lights
- Severe headache with nausea
- Eye injury or foreign body in the eye
What to expect at your visit
- Sign in at the electronic kiosk to see a nurse practitioner or physician assistant.* No appointment necessary.
- Your practitioner will review your medical history, discuss your symptoms, conduct an examination and provide a personalized treatment plan.
- Your practitioner may conduct needed testing to determine if viral infection is present. Please note that additional charges apply for these tests. Visit our Price List for these fees.
- At the end of your visit, your practitioner will provide you with a summary, a receipt and educational material.
- The summary of your visit can be sent to your primary care provider with your permission.
*MinuteClinic® employs physician assistants in select states. See here for details.