Urinary Tract & Bladder Infections
Come in for fast relief
Learn how to prepare for your visit, how to get the most out of it and about any care restrictions here.
Urinary tract infections are often caused by bacteria in the bladder. When the bladder is inflamed, you may feel burning or pain and it can feel like you need to go to the bathroom more often than usual. The infection is usually not serious but can become so if not taken care of quickly. We can assess your symptoms, diagnose and treat your condition promptly.
What to know before your visit
Our practitioners provide this service to females 12 years or older.**
This service is not available to pregnant women or to males.
Patients with the following may be directed to another health care provider:
- Severe vomiting
What to expect at your visit
- Sign in at the electronic kiosk to see a nurse practitioner or physician assistant.* No appointment necessary.
- Your practitioner will review your medical history, discuss your symptoms, conduct an examination and provide a personalized treatment plan.
- Your practitioner may conduct needed testing, such as a urine dipstick. Please note that additional charges apply for these tests. Visit our Price List for these fees.
- At the end of your visit, your practitioner will provide you with a summary, a receipt and educational material.
- The summary of your visit can be sent to your primary care provider with your permission.
*MinuteClinic employs physician assistants in MN, NC, NV and TX.
**MinuteClinic performs this service for females ages 12—65 in Kentucky.