Stay on top of your cholesterol
Learn how to prepare for your visit, how to get the most out of it and about any care restrictions here.
1 in 6 adult Americans have high cholestoerol and don't know it. High cholesterol does not usually display symptoms, and it is a risk factor that can increase your chance of developing or suffering complications from serious health problems such as heart disease and stroke. A screening can help identify if you have high cholesterol and our practitioners can provide recommendations if you do.
What to know before your visit
Our practitioners provide this service to patients 9 years or older.
For best results, we recommend that you fast 8 to 12 hours before your visit.
What to expect at your visit
- Sign in at the electronic kiosk to see a nurse practitioner or physician assistant.* No appointment necessary.
- Your practitioner will review your medical history and lifestyle factors.
- Your practitioner will review your medical history and perform a risk assessment. A blood sample will be taken from your finger to test LDL, HDL, triglycerides and total cholesterol.
- Please note that additional charges apply for these tests. Visit our Price List for these fees.
- Your practitioner will discuss your results and provide recommendations to help you successfully manage your cholesterol.
- At the end of your visit, your practitioner will provide you with a summary, a receipt and educational material.
- The summary of your visit can be sent to your primary care provider with your permission.
*MinuteClinic® employs physician assistants in select states. See here for details.