High Blood Pressure Evaluation
Know and understand your numbers
Learn how to prepare for your visit, how to get the most out of it and about any care restrictions here.
According to the American Heart Association, 1 in 3 American adults has high blood pressure or hypertension. Uncontrolled high blood pressure can lead to stroke, heart attack, heart failure or kidney failure. We make it easy to get your blood pressure evaluated and to understand what your numbers mean.
What to know before your visit
Our practitioners provide this service to patients 18 years or older.
What to expect at your visit
- Sign in at the electronic kiosk to see a nurse practitioner or physician assistant.* No appointment necessary.
- Your practitioner will review your medical history and lifestyle factors.
- Your practitioner will perform an exam and tests based on your individual needs. This may include the following:
• Blood pressure check
• Body mass index (BMI)
• Cholesterol test
• Kidney function check
- Please note that additional charges apply for these tests. Visit our Price List for these fees.
- Your practitioner will discuss your results and provide recommendations to help you successfully manage your blood pressure.
- At the end of your visit, your practitioner will provide you with a summary, a receipt and educational material.
- The summary of your visit can be sent to your primary care provider with your permission.
*MinuteClinic® employs physician assistants in select states. See here for details.