Don’t deal with acne alone
Learn how to prepare for your visit, how to get the most out of it and about any care restrictions here.
Acne is very common. Teenagers and young adults are more likely to suffer from acne but many adults are impacted, too. Changes in hormone levels, pregnancy, stress, certain medications and cosmetics can cause acne. We can recommend the right combination of remedies including over-the-counter products and medication to help you get the best results.
What to know before your visit
Our practitioners do not evaluate patients currently taking Accutane and cannot provide prescriptions for Accutane.
Patients with the following may be directed to another health care provider:
- Abscesses or unusual swelling
- Severe cases of cystic acne
What to expect at your visit
- Sign in at the electronic kiosk to see a nurse practitioner or physician assistant.* No appointment necessary.
- Your practitioner will review your medical history, discuss your symptoms, examine the areas of the skin with the most sebaceous glands like the face, neck, back, chest and shoulders, and provide you with a personalized treatment plan. This could include over-the-counter products or a prescription if needed.
- At the end of your visit, your practitioner will provide you with a summary, a receipt and educational material.
- The summary of your visit can be sent to your primary care provider with your permission.
*MinuteClinic® employs physician assistants in select states. See here for details.