Dermatitis, rashes and skin irritations
Ease the itch and put out the fire
Learn how to prepare for your visit, how to get the most out of it and about any care restrictions here.
Dermatitis and skin rashes are common skin conditions that many people deal with. They can make your skin feel fired-up, inflamed, itchy or bumpy, and they may cause your skin to discolor. There are many different types and causes of skin rashes and irritations. The most common are contact dermatitis, (poison ivy and poison oak) seborrheic dermatitis, nummular dermatitis and eczema, a type of atopic dermatitis.
There are many other types of rashes including pityriasis rosea, also called Christmas tree rash, and heat rash, a type of miliaria.
We can evaluate your symptoms and recommend the right combination of remedies including over-the-counter products and prescription medication to help you get the best results.
What to know before your visit
Patients with the following may be directed to another health care setting:
- Rash with severe headache or neck stiffness
- Rash with joint pain
- Severe symptoms that may include the eyes or concerns with breathing
What to expect at your visit
- Sign in at the electronic kiosk to see a nurse practitioner or physician assistant.* No appointment necessary.
- Your practitioner will review your medical history, assess and discuss your symptoms, conduct a visual exam of the infected area and provide a personalized treatment plan.
- At the end of your visit, your practitioner will provide you with a summary, a receipt and educational material.
- The summary of your visit can be sent to your primary care provider with your permission.
*MinuteClinic® employs physician assistants in select states. See here for details.