Vitamin B12 Injection (Prescription Required)
Available every day
Learn how to prepare for your visit, how to get the most out of it and about any care restrictions here.
Vitamin B12 plays a key role in the normal functioning of the brain and nervous system and in the formation of red blood cells. Lack of B12 can lead to anemia, causing you to feel tired and weak. With a prescription, our practitioners make it easy to get your injections.
What to know before your visit
Our practitioners provide this service to patients 18 years or older.
This service is not available to pregnant women.
Patients must present a valid prescription or have a prescription on file at the pharmacy.
Patients with the following may be directed to another health care provider:
- Allergy or sensitivity to Vitamin B or cobalt
What to expect at your visit
- Sign in at the electronic kiosk to see a nurse practitioner or physician assistant.* No appointment necessary.
- Your practitioner will review your medical history and documentation of prior prescription.
- Your practitioner will administer the injection.
- At the end of your visit, your practitioner will provide you with a summary, a receipt and educational material.
- The summary of your visit can be sent to your primary care provider with your permission.
*MinuteClinic® employs physician assistants in select states. See here for details.