Get back on the road
Learn how to prepare for your visit, how to get the most out of it and about any care restrictions here.
Many professional drivers are required to get physicals on a regular basis. Our certified practitioners make it easy for commercial drivers to fulfill Department of Transportation (DOT) regulatory requirements.
Check out great videos, health articles, tips and more.Learn More
What to know before your visit
Insurance is not accepted for physicals at MinuteClinic® and payment is due at time of visit.
Bring any required forms including the DOT Medical Examination Report with Driver Information and Health History sections completed.
Our practitioners can only verify immunizations administered at our clinics or with appropriate documentation.
A DOT physical should not replace an annual wellness physical.
What to expect at your visit
- Sign in at the electronic kiosk to see a nurse practitioner or physician assistant.* No appointment necessary.
- Your practitioner will review your medical history and immunizations and perform a simple physical exam.
- Your practitioner may conduct a urinalysis if required. Please note that additional charges apply for these tests. Visit our Price List for these fees.
- Your practitioner will complete your Medical Examination Report for Commercial Driver Fitness Determination form, provide a summary, a receipt and a Medical Examiner's Certificate, as appropriate.
- The summary of your visit can be sent to your primary care provider with your permission.
*MinuteClinic® employs physician assistants in MN, NC, NV and TX.