Set yourself up for success
Learn how to prepare for your visit, how to get the most out of it and about any care restrictions here.
Choosing to quit is one of the most important decisions you can make. Our Start to Stop® smoking cessation program is designed to help you successfully quit on your schedule. A trained practitioner will help develop your personalized plan, set realistic goals and keep you on track. Come in to start today.
What to know before your visit
This program is a total of 4–7 visits over the course of 8–20 weeks, depending on your needs.
What to expect at your visit
- Sign in at the electronic kiosk to see a nurse practitioner or physician assistant.* No appointment necessary.
- Your practitioner will conduct a nicotine addiction assessment and check your vital signs.
- During your 1-on-1 consultation, your practitioner will review your lifestyle factors, goals and physical health.
- Your practitioner will create a customized smoking cessation plan which could include over-the-counter nicotine replacement or a prescription.†
- Please note that additional charges apply for any labs and tests. Visit our Price List for these fees.
Ongoing coaching & support:
- Sign in at the electronic kiosk to see a nurse practitioner or physician assistant. No appointment necessary.
- Your practitioner will check your vital signs, discuss your progress and provide ongoing coaching to help you achieve your goal to be smoke-free.
- At the end of your visit, your practitioner will provide you with a summary, a receipt and educational material.
- The summary of your visit can be sent to your primary care provider with your permission.
*MinuteClinic® employs physician assistants in select states. See here for details.
†If medically appropriate, practitioners may write a prescription.