Get ready for fun and games
Learn how to prepare for your visit, how to get the most out of it and about any care restrictions here.
Also called pre-participation physicals, sport physicals are a great way to make sure an athlete can safely play. Even if your state or school doesn't require it, sports physicals also help to keep immunizations up to date and provide an opportunity to discuss any concerns you may have.
Check out great videos, health articles, tips and more.Learn More
What to know before your visit
Our practitioners provide this service for patients 18 months and older.
Insurance is not accepted for physicals at MinuteClinic® and payment is due at time of visit.
Bring any required forms including a completed health and immunization history.
Our practitioners can only verify immunizations administered at our clinics or with appropriate documentation.
A sports physical should not replace an annual wellness physical.
What to expect at your visit
- Sign in at the electronic kiosk to see a nurse practitioner or physician assistant.* No appointment necessary.
- Your practitioner will review your medical history and immunizations and perform a simple physical exam to determine if you are able to safely participate in your chosen sport.
- Your practitioner may conduct a urinalysis if required. Please note that additional charges apply for these tests. Visit our Price List for these fees.
- At the end of your visit, your practitioner will stamp any medical forms required and also provide you with a summary, a receipt and educational material.
- The summary of your visit can be sent to your primary care provider with your permission.
*MinuteClinic® employs physician assistants in MN, NC, NV and TX.