DenTek Professional Fit Dental Guard
Protect your teeth from damage caused by nighttime teeth grinding with the DenTek Maximum Protection Dental Guard, the only over-the-counter night guard that includes a forming tray for a close-to-professional fit at home. Includes dental guard, exclusive forming tray, and storage case
- Offers custom-fit protection similar to a professionally made mouth guard for a fraction of the cost
- Quickly customizable in two easy steps
- Dental guard creates a cushion of comfort between upper and lower teeth
- Helps prevent conditions caused by teeth grinding (bruxism), including jaw discomfort, tooth chipping and cracking, and headaches
- All bite guard parts are BPA-free and latex-free
- 6 month protection guarantee
This item is FSA (Flexible Spending Account) eligible.
- Product Type:
- Mouth Guards
- 1-10 CT
Fitting Your Mouth Guard
- Load dental guard into the forming tray. The dental guard is positioned correctly when the top of the guard is concave. If it is not in the right position, correct the placement of the dental guard before going any further in the fitting process.
- Place the dental guard and forming tray below your upper teeth and bite down.
- Use a mirror to ensure the forming tray is centered in the middle of your front two teeth. Your teeth should be aligned in the middle of the moldable material.
- Using a microwave or stove, bring a bowl or pot of water to a rolling boil. Water should be at least 1.5 inches deep. Remove the boiling water from heat source and let it rest for 10 seconds. Use caution when removing from heat.
- While loaded in the forming tray, place the dental guard face down in the hot water for 60 seconds.
- Remove the dental guard and forming tray with a metal fork, using the openings in the tray handle.
- Quickly dip it in room temperature water (no more than 1 second). Immediately pick up the dental guard using the forming tray handle and carefully place in your mouth. Do not bite down yet.
- While looking in a mirror, center the dental guard below your front two teeth and the sides below your molars.
- Firmly bite down into the moldable material of the dental guard and hold until it cools to body temperature. Wait at least 2 minutes.
- Gently remove the dental guard and forming tray from your mouth and rinse under cool water for 20 seconds. This allows the molded night guard to completely set in the forming tray.
- Once cool, remove the dental guard from the forming tray. Start by gently pulling the ends from each side of the forming tray, then working around to the front. It is normal for the guard to slightly stick in the forming tray. Your dental guard is now ready for use.
- After each use, brush your dental guard with toothpaste and/or mouthwash and thoroughly rinse with cool tap water. Never use hot water, as it could alter the shape of your dental guard.
- Check your dental guard monthly for wear. The life of your dental guard depends on how often you grind your teeth and the force of your teeth grinding. Your dental guard can last up to six months.
Step 1: Test Fitting
Step 2: Final Fitting
Clean & Care
- As a sports mouthpiece. The product is designed to absorb top-to-bottom pressure not shock absorption.
- If you are under 18 years of age.
- For more than three months without consulting your dentist.
- If you have loose teeth or teeth that can wiggle.
- If your dentist has told you that you have temporomandibular joint (TMJ) pain or clicking of the jaw.
- If you have any pain from teeth grinding, or other forms of tooth or jaw pain.
- If you have loose dental implants. Make sure they are secure before use.
- If you wear dentures, braces or other dental appliances.
Ask a dentist before use if you have:
- Major health problems or serious breathing or respiratory conditions.
- Oral sores, bleeding gums or any gum disease.
- Cavities that have no fillings, or loose fillings or caps.
- Difficulty chewing or pain of the jaw, teeth or face.
- Two or more missing teeth.
Stop use and ask a dentist if:
- You develop soreness, bleeding gums or any other reaction inside your mouth
- You develop jaw pain, teeth pain, ear pain, headache, neck stiffness, or joint clicking when using this product.
- The same symptoms persist after over a month of use.
- The product disrupts breathing, feels uncomfortable, causes choking, or causes you to gag.
- You have a change in your bite that persists more than a few minutes after removing the product.
Do not use:
See your dentist every six months.
This product does NOT contain latex.