Application Period Now Open for Drug Collection Units!
Law Enforcement Agencies: Apply Today
CVS/pharmacy® is teaming up with The Partnership at Drugfree.org to create an innovative community donation program through which local police departments can apply to receive a drug collection unit to help their communities safely dispose of unwanted medications, including controlled substances.
Law enforcement drug collection programs help rid communities of unwanted medications that may otherwise be diverted, abused or contaminate our water supply.
Drug Collection Units are being manufactured by
MedReturn LLC. Made possible in partnership with:
The Medication Disposal
for Safer Communities Program
CVS/pharmacy recognizes the importance of removing unwanted, unused or expired medications from the community in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
(L-R: Papatya Tankut, Vice President, Pharmacy Affairs; Thomas Carey, Woonsocket Police Chief; Lisa Baldelli-Hunt, Mayor of Woonsocket; Tom Davis, Vice President, Pharmacy Professional Services.)
We are committed to supporting law enforcement with their local efforts through
the following key programs:
1. Support Local Drug Take Back Events
CVS/pharmacy will commit a portion of its store parking lot to any law enforcement agency wishing to conduct a take back event in the community.
- Many agencies have conducted drug collection events utilizing our locations. An example
is the National Drug Take Back Day.
- CVS/pharmacy stores are conveniently located with easy traffic access.
- At the event location, CVS/pharmacy will promote community awareness of the event
in the weeks leading up to the event date.
2. Promote Local Drug Disposal Collection Site Programs
CVS/pharmacy will help raise awareness of these permanent onsite
programs through customized in-store signage at the CVS/pharmacy store(s) in the area.
- Signage will list the address of the collection site as well as days
or hours of operation.
- CVS/pharmacy will maintain ongoing posting of information
until requested otherwise by the local law enforcement agency.
Care for Your
To launch these programs locally, members of local law enforcement agencies may contactour Professional Services Department:
Call toll-free: 866-559-8830
Or email: Safer_Communities@CVSCaremark.com
- Agency Name
- City, State, Zip Code
- Contact Name and Title
- Contact Phone Number
- Contact Email
- Program(s) of Interest
- Address of specific CVS/pharmacy store location(s) being requested for National Drug Take Back Day