.5 OZ, .15 lbs. Item # 549031
Medihoney dressings are covered by several patents and patents pending. Much of the technology focuses on keeping high levels of honey at the wound site, even in the presence of exudates and other fluids. Medihoney's high osmotic potential pulls fluid from the deeper tissue to the wound surface, aiding the body's natural processes to clear debris and necrotic tissue from the wound. 1 to 5.The low pH of Medihoney helps to lower the pH within the wound environment 6 to 7, which has been shown to have wound healing benefits.
- Therapeutic composition comprising honey or a honey derivative
- Helps to maintain a moist environment for optimal healing 1 to 6
- High osmotic potential pulls fluid from deeper tissues to the wound surface, aiding in autolytic debridement 1 to 6
- Low pH helps to lower the pH within the wound environment 7, 8, which has been shown to have wound healing benefits
- Is easy-to-use, non-toxic, natural and safe with the potential for extended wear times
- 80% Active leptospermum honey and 20% natural gelling agents
- More viscous formulation with increased stability at the site of the wound
- Demonstrated positive clinical outcomes 1, 5, 6
- Optimal for superficial to full thickness wounds
The information has been prepared for providers choosing a Derma Sciences product and is intended for informational purposes only. It does not represent a guarantee, promise or statement by Derma Sciences Inc. concerning levels of reimbursement, payment or charges. It is not intended to increase or maximize reimbursement. The decision as to regarding the procedure code selection, completion of a claim form and/or amount to bill, is exclusively the responsibility of the provider procedure and product codes provided are for information purposes only and should be verified according to the requirements of each payor.