Kaopectate Soft Chews, Strawberry, 24 CT
Kaopectate® Soft Chews
Strawberry 24 ct
Fast and Effective Relief
Begins controlling symptoms from the first dose
Quickly relieves urgency, gas, and cramping
Effective on diarrhea from bacteria, viruses, and other causes
Great tasting, easy to take
Active ingredient (per chew)
Bismuth subsalicylate 262 mg.......................Anti-diarrheal, Upset stomach reliever
calcium carbonate, confectioner’s sugar, corn syrup, corn syrup solids, FD&C red #40 aluminum lake, glycerin, hydrogenated coconut oil, natural masking flavor, soy lecithin, strawberry flavor, sucrose, water
• adults and children 12 years of age and older:
2 chews (1 dose)
• repeat dose every 1/2 hour to 1 hour as needed
• do not exceed 8 doses in 24 hours
• use until diarrhea stops but not more than 2 days
• children under 12 years: ask a doctor
• drink plenty of clear fluids to help prevent dehydration
caused by diarrhea
Reye’s syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye’s syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Allergy Alert: Contains salicylate. Do not take if you are
Do not take maximum dose for more than 2 days per week.
• allergic to salicylates (including aspirin) • taking other salicylate products
Do not use if you have • an ulcer • a bleeding problem • bloody or black stool
Ask a doctor before use if you have • fever • mucus in the stool
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you have or are taking any drug for • anticoagulation (thinning the blood) • diabetes • gout • arthritis
When using this product a temporary, but harmless, darkening of the stool and/or tongue may occur
• Stop use and ask a doctor if • symptoms get worse • ringing in the ears or loss of hearing occurs • diarrhea lasts more than 2 days
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Each chew contains very low sodium
• do not use if bag appears opened or if seal is torn • store at room temperature 20o-25o C (68o-77o F)