Smith And Nephew Acticoat Antimicrobial Barrier Dressing 8 x 16 in., 6CT
6 CT, .45 lbs. Item # 544935
4 Packs of 6 Each = 24 DressingsACTICOAT is a potent antimicrobial barrier dressing. The Nanocrystalline coating of silver rapidly kills a broad spectrum of bacteria in as little as 30 minutes. ACTICOAT consists of three layers: an absorbent inner core sandwiched between outer layers of silver coated, low adherent polyethylene net. Nanocrystalline Silver protects the wound site from bacterial colonization while the inner core helps maintain moist wound environment.
- Nanocrystalline Silver Antimicrobial barrier: ACTICOAT provides an effective barrier to protect the wound site from invasive pathogens.
- Broad spectrum antimicrobial activity: (In-vitro data shows) ACTICOAT is an effective barrier to over 150 pathogens which includes a broad spectrum of gram positive and negative bacteria and fungal wound pathogens. ACTICOAT is also an effective barrier to multiple strains of Antibiotic resistant Pseudomonas, Methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) and Vancomycin resistant Enterococcus (VRE). ACTICOAT is a potent antimicrobial barrier dressing. The Nanocrystalline coating of silver rapidly kills a broad spectrum of bacteria in as little as 30 minutes. ACTICOAT consists of three layers: an absorbent inner core sandwiched between outer layers of silver coated, low adherent polyethylene net. Nanocrystalline Silver protects the wound site from bacterial colonization while the inner core helps maintain moist wound environment.
- Sustained release of silver for 3 days: The sustained release of silver ensures that ACTICOAT remains effective for a up to 3 days.
- Fast acting: In-vitro data shows ACTICOAT rapidly kills bacteria in as little as 30 minutes - faster than other forms of silver.
- Easy to use: Easier and less painful to remove than SSD (silver sulphadiazine) making it a dressing of choice for both the patient and the carrier.
- Prevents and reduces infection: ACTICOAT kills pathogenic organisms in wounds to reduce the risk of infection. ACTICOAT is also effective in the reduction of bacterial load in wounds.
- Can be used on extensive body surface area wounds: ACTICOAT is available in a wide range of sizes and can be cut to shape, enabling the chosen size of dressing to conform to the wound surface.
- Assists faster healing: ACTICOAT contributes to effective wound bed preparation which in turn assists faster healing.
- Low adherent: Dressing changes are less traumatic than traditional methods for both the patient and the carrier.
- Indications: Indicated as an antimicrobial barrier layer over partial and full thickness wounds such as pressure ulcers, leg ulcers, diabetic foot ulcers, burns, recipient graft sites and cavity wounds.
This item is FSA (Flexible Spending Account) eligible.
Step 1: Remove ACTICOAT from the package and moisten the dressing with sterile water (do not use saline). Wring out excess water prior to applying. Step 2: Cut to appropriate size and shape. Step 3: Apply the dressing to the wound. Step 4: Keep the dressing humid. Change the dressing depending on the amount of exudate and the condition of the wound. Secure with an appropriate secondary dressing.
Do not use on patients with a known sensitivity to silver. Do not use on a patient undergoing MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) examination. Prior to administering radiation therapy, remove ACTICOAT. A new dressing can be applied following treatment. For external use only. ACTICOAT is not compatible with oil-based products, such as petrolatum. Avoid contact with electrodes or conductive gels during electronic measurements e.g. EEG and ECG. Do not use if product color is not uniform.