Smith And Nephew Allevyn Life Advanced Foam Wound Sacrum Dressing 6-3/4 x 6-7/8 in., 10CT
10 CT, .03 lbs. Item # 574893
ALLEVYN Life Dressings have a multi-layered design incorporating hydrocellular foam, a hyper-absorber lock away core and a masking layer that has been designed for people and their everyday life through:
- Unique quadrilobe shape with a wide border designed to fit the contours of the human body securely and allows patients to shower.
- The masking layer minimizes the visual impact of strikethrough, providing the patient with confidence that their dressing may not attract the negative attention of others.
- Excellent fluid locking under pressure5 (in-vitro).
- Peace of mind leakage prevention5 for the patient.
- Common wound odor absorption when tested (in-vitro) on representative compounds.
- Multi-layered design provides cushioning and helps to redistribute pressure7 (in-vitro).
- Silicone wound contact layer minimizes trauma to the wound and pain to the patient during dressing changes while allowing the dressing to be repositioned.
- Helpful change indicator helps avoid unnecessary dressing change and waste.
- ALLEVYN Life has a novel wide adhesive border that fi ts securely in a variety of areas.
- 4-7/8 x 3-5/16 in. Pad.
- Designed for people. Designed for life.
- The next generation multipurpose dressing specially designed for the comfort and wellbeing of patients with wounds.
- Extensive wear times with repositioning adherence power: Up to 5 days depending on the nature of the wound and exudate level.
This item is FSA (Flexible Spending Account) eligible.
Cleanse the wound according to local protocols. Select an appropriate dressing size. Prepare and clean the skin surrounding the wound area by removing excess moisture. Any excess hair should be clipped to ensure close approximation to the wound. Remove one of the protector materials from ALLEVYN Life and anchor the adhesive side of the dressing to the skin. Smooth the dressing over the wound ensuring there are no creases. When positioning ALLEVYN Life Sacrum dressings, place the narrow end of the dressing a minimum of ¾ of an inch (2cm) above the anal sphincter, then smooth the dressing over the sacrum. Remove the remaining protector material and smooth the dressing over the remainder of the wound without stretching the dressing. The pad area only of the dressing must be adhered across the entire surface of the wound. ALLEVYN Life can be used to dress awkward wounds such as heels and elbows, the dressing corner lobes can be overlapped when positioning the dressing, ensuring no creasing or stretching occurs to the dressing.