Smith And Nephew Biostep Ag Collagen Dressing with Silver 2 x 2 in., 10CT
10 CT, 1.15 lbs. Item # 548007
BIOSTEP is a unique collagen matrix dressing that allows you to overcome barriers to wound closure while maintaining an optimal moist wound environment. It targets and deactivates excess MMPs and has a 6-day wear time for prolonged control of the wound environment. The highly conformable dressing is easy to apply, and its gelling actions provide a cooling, soothing effect for enhanced patient comfort. BIOSTEP Ag combines the anti-MMP activity and functionality of BIOSTEP with the antibacterial activity of silver to help maintain bacterial balance for contaminated and colonized wounds.
- Unique Dual-Action MMP Targeting & Deactivation: MMP Targeting: contains both type 1 and denatured (gelatin) porcine-derived collagen. This novel collagen matrix attracts and serves as sacrificial substrates for a broad array of MMPs which are found in excess within, and contribute to the chronicity of, chronic wounds. MMP Deactivation: contains EDTA (a proven MMP modulating agent) which permanently deactivates excess MMPs, providing prolonged, targeted MMP control without altering the activity of essential growth factors. This contributes to a longer wear time.
- Patient Friendly: CMC within dressing gels on contact with moisture providing improved patient comfort by creating a soothing, cooling effect upon application. Up to a 6-day wear time provides for fewer dressing changes and prolonged control of wound environment.
- Easy to Use: CMC within dressing adds structure for easy application when moist. Highly conformable to ensure close contact with wound bed.
- Moisture Manager: Alginate absorbs a high level of exudate away from the wound bed to the secondary dressing maintaining an optimal moisture balance for wound closure.
- Indications: Management of full-thickness and partial-thickness acute and chronic wounds including: Pressure ulcers, Diabetic ulcers, Ulcers caused by mixed vascular etiologies, Venous ulcers, First and second degree burns, Donor/graft sites, Abrasions, Dehisced surgical wounds, Traumatic wounds healing by secondary intention.
This item is FSA (Flexible Spending Account) eligible.
Step 1: Prior to application, the wound bed should be debrided and then irrigated with an appropriate wound cleanser or water. Step 2: The dressing should be cut to fit the wound size exactly. For heavily exudating wounds, the dressing should be applied directly to the wound bed. For dry wounds with minimal exudate, the wound bed should be moistened with water to begin the gelling process. Step 3: BIOSTEP should be covered with a suitable secondary dressing. Step 4: Dressings may be changed daily or as good nursing practice dictates. Dressing Removal: Remove secondary dressing with care. Gently remove BIOSTEP Collagen Matrix Dressing ensuring that the dressing removal does not damage delicate newly-formed tissues. Dressings may be left in place for up to six days depending on the level of exudate or as good nursing practice dictates.
Do not use on patients with a known allergy or sensitivty to porcine collagen or any other ingerdient. Do not use on third degree burns. If sensitivity to BIOSTEP develops, discontinue use. BIOSTEP dressings may be used under compression therapy under the supervision of a health care professional. United States' federal law restricts this device to sale by or on the order of a physician. The contents of the dressing should be used on one patient only. The product is for external use only. Contact with the skin around the wound's edges and intact skin should be minimized.