Smith And Nephew Opsite Post-Op Transparent Dressing with Absorbent Pads 2-1/2 x 2 in.,100CT
100 CT, .6 lbs. Item # 576323
1 Pack of 100 Each = 100 DressingsThe revised OPSITE Post-Op dressings combine the features of the current OPSITE Post-Op dressings with the high MVTR REACTIC hydrophilic polyurethane film used to manufacture OPSITE IV3000 Transparent Adhesive Film Dressings. The patented REACTIC film is 3 to 8 times more permeable to water vapor than standard film dressings. It can "switch" in the presence of moisture allowing excess moisture to transpire off.
- Waterproof: The OPSITE Post-Op film is impermeable to water and body fluids,allowing the patient to shower without changing dressings.
- Bacterial Barrier: The OPSITE Post-Op film provides a bacterial barrier,helping to reduce the risk of secondary infection.
- High MVTR: OPSITE Post-Op has a unique molecular structure that 'switches on' in the presence of moisture,preventing accumulation of moisture underneath the dressing,which reduces bacterial growth and the risk of maceration.
- Transparent Film: The clear film allows the user to monitor the level of fluid and check for infection without removing the dressing,thus increasing wear time.
- Absorbent,Low-adherent Pad: The thick pad is highly absorbent,minimizing the number of dressing changes whilst protecting the wound from further injury. The low-adherent wound contact layer leaves the wound site clean and comfortable,reducing pain when changing the dressing.
- Conformable: OPSITE Post-Op is highly conformable,even over the most awkward body contours. Its extensibility does not restrict movement,ensuring that it is comfortable for the patient. The unique dressing carrier keeps the film firm,allowing easy application.
- Indications: To dress post-operative wounds,minor cuts,abrasions,lacerations and puncture sites where a waterproof dressing,which aids in the prevention of bacterial contamination,is required.
This item is FSA (Flexible Spending Account) eligible.
Step 1: Remove one part of the silicone backing paper (marked "1") prior to application. Step 2: Position dressing onto the skin and remove the second part of the silicone backing paper. Smooth the dressing down into place, applying light pressure. Step 3: Finally, peel off the dressing carrier (marked "2"). Step 4: Dressing in place.