Smith And Nephew Profore Wound Contact Layer 5-1/2 x 8 in., 50CT
50 CT, 1.2 lbs. Item # 576312
4 Packs of 50 Each = 200 TotalPROFORE WCL (Wound Contact Layer) is a 14cm x 20cm (5-1/2 x 8 in.) dressing made of knitted viscose rayon.
- Wound contact layer for compression bandaging.
- Non-adherent: PROFORE WCL has an open knit construction, which allows exudate to pass freely, while helping to limit the adherence of the dressing to the wound.
- Non-adhesive: PROFORE WCL is non-adhesive and therefore recommended for wounds surrounded by sensitive skin, such as venous leg ulcers.
- Highly Porous: PROFORE WCL is highly porous. This helps to prevent maceration of the peri-wound by preventing exudate pooling.
- Highly Conformable: The knitted construction of PROFORE WCL makes the dressing highly conformable, providing comfort for the patient while helping to maintain a moist environment at the wound site.
- Indications: PROFORE WCL is indicated to act as a non-adherent interface between the granulating wound surface and conventional absorbent dressings. It can also be used in conjunction with PROFORE, PROFORE LF and PROFORE Lite, the Multi-layer Compression Bandage Systems. PROFORE WCL provides physical separation between the wound and external environments to assist in preventing bacterial contamination of the wound. PROFORE WCL aids in the creation and maintenance of a moist wound environment. Moist wound environments have been established as optimal environments for the management of the wound.
This item is FSA (Flexible Spending Account) eligible.