Tegaderm High Performance Foam Adhesive Dressing 5.5 Length x 5.5 in. Width, 5CT
5 CT, .31 lbs. Item # 551292
4 Boxes of 5 Each = 20 Dressings3MTegaderm High Performance Foam Adhesive Dressing is a highly absorbent, breathable wound dressing. It is constructed from a conformable polyurethane foam pad, additional absorbent nonwoven layers, and a top layer of transparent adhesive film. This film is moisture vapor permeable which prevents wound exudate strike-through and acts as a barrier to outside contamination, including bacteria and viruses.*The dressing maintains a moist wound environment, which has been shown to enhance wound healing. The dressing is suppliedsterile.
- 3 x 3 in. Pad.
- Heel Design.
- Unique multi-layer design provides high absorbency with high breathability to reduce the risk of maceration.
- Adapts to changing levels of exudate to maintain moisture balance for optimal wound healing.
- Ideal for situations where increased securement or longer wear time is needed.
- Conformable for difficult body contours.
- Dressing does not stick to wound bed thereby minimizing disruption of healing tissue.
- Provides a water resistant seal while dressing is intact. Allows for showering.
- Spoke delivery provides easy application.
- Film backing prevents strikethrough and protects against external bacteria and viruses* *In vitro testing shows that the transparent film provides a viral barrier from viruses 27 nm in diameter or larger while the dressing remains intact without leakage.
- Suggested Applications: Pressure, arterial, neuropathic (diabetic) and venous leg ulcers. Difficult body contours. Skin tears and abrasions. Superficial partial thickness burns.
- Dressing and device securement condition type: Skin injuries allergic & irritant contact dermatitis.
- Pressure Ulcer Condition Type: Prevention, Stage 2, Stage 3, Stage 4, Unstageable.
- Wound care condition type: Abrasions, closed intact surgical wound, donor sites, friction, laceration, neuropathic ulcers, open surgical wounds, skin tear, superficial partial thickness burns, venous leg ulcer.
- Latex free.
This item is FSA (Flexible Spending Account) eligible.
Before Using the Dressing: Clip excess hair for patient comfort. . Cleanse wound and surrounding skin according to facility policy. Note: If periwound skin is fragile or exposure to wound exudate is likely, apply a barrier film. Allow the barrier film to dry before dressing application. Assess wound. Select appropriate size dressing to ensure that the foam pad is larger than the wound area. Applying the Dressing: Remove dressing from package. Hold the dressing by one of the side tabs and remove the printed liner, exposing the adhesive border. While holding the tabs, position the dressing over the wound. Gently press the adhesive film border to the skin (Figure 2). Avoid stretching the dressing or the skin. Beginning at the center of the dressing, grasp one section of the paper carrier and pull toward the outer edge of the dressing. Repeat this for each of the remaining carrier sections until all paper carrier is removed. Firmly press and conform the adhesive border to the skin.
Do not use Tegaderm Foam Adhesive dressing in combination with oxidizing agents such as hydrogen peroxide or hypochlorite solution. These solutions may affect the structure and performance of the polyurethane foam. Observe the wound for signs of infection. If infection occurs, signs of which may be fever, increased pain, redness, swelling or an unusual odor or discharge, see a health care professional. Tegaderm Foam Adhesive dressing may be used on infected wounds only under the care of a health care professional. . If the wound does not begin to show signs of healing or if any other unexpected symptoms occur, consult a health care professional.