50 CT, .85 lbs. Item # 546612
Tegaderm film consists of a thin film backing with a non-latex, hypoallergenic adhesive. Tegaderm film with border is notched and reinforced with soft cloth tape to provide a better seal around catheters and other devices. The dressing is breathable, allowing good oxygen and moisture vapor exchange. It is waterproof and impermeable to liquids, bacteria, and viruses. An intact dressing protects the site from outside contamination.
- Stabilizes the catheter, minimizing catheter movement
- Transparent color
- Transparency allows monitoring of I.V. sites without the need to remove the dressing
- 7 days wear time
- Picture-frame delivery makes placement accurate and easy, minimizing potential to stick to gloves or to itself
- Short peripheral and midline venous catheters
- Central venous catheters (including subclavian, jugular, femoral and PICCs)
- Implanted infusion devices (ports)
- Dialysis catheters
- Pulmonary artery catheters
- Epidural and other regional nerve block catheters
- Feeding tubes
- IV Related condition type: Arterial catheter, CVC dialysis, CVC implanted port, CVC PICC, CVC short-term, CVC tunneled, epidural catheter, PIV
- Precautions: Stop any bleeding at the site before applying the dressing. Do not stretch the dressing during application as tension can cause skin trauma. Make sure the skin is clean, free of soap residue and lotion and allowed to dry thoroughly before applying the dressing to prevent skin irritation and to ensure good adhesion. The dressing may be used on an infected site, only when under the care of a health care professional. Antimicrobial ointments containing polyethylene glycols may compromise the strength of the Tegaderm HP transparent film dressings. Tegaderm transparent dressings should not be re-sterilized by gamma, E-beam or steam methods
- Shelf life: For shelf life, refer to the expiration date on the package
HCPCS codes have been provided to assist you in the preparation of Medicare part B claims. Please note, however, that the reimbursement information provided by 3M health care and its representatives is intended to provide general information relevant to coverage and coding for 3M products. Insurers' reimbursement policies can vary and the use of the codes discussed here does not guarantee that an insurer will cover or pay at any particular level. Health care providers should exercise independent clinical judgment in choosing the codes which most accurately describe the products provided.
This item is FSA (Flexible Spending Account) eligible.