Returning nonprescription items in store or online
We reserve the right to limit or refuse any refund or exchange. All returns or exchanges are subject to a third-party verification process.
Return in Store
Most new, unopened items purchased from CVS Pharmacy or CVS.com® can be returned to any CVS Pharmacy store within 60 days of purchase for exchange or refund. A full copy of our return policy including restrictions and requirements is available at CVS.com®/ReturnPolicy.
- Valid photo ID may be required for any return or exchange.
- Items that are opened or damaged, missing a receipt, or do not pass our third-party verification process may be denied a refund or exchange.
- Items returned with the original receipt may receive a refund or store credit in the amount of the original purchase price. If your purchase was made with a credit card or debit/cash card, your refund will be made to that card.
- Items returned without a receipt may be exchanged for the same item or refunded as store credit. A refund for such a return may be limited to the lowest advertised price in the 60-day period prior to the return. Returns lacking proof of purchase also may be limited or denied.
- Refunds for items purchased online using PayPal will be issued in the form of a store credit. Customers seeking a refund to their PayPal accounts must contact Customer Care at 1-888-607-4287.
- Gift cards, prepaid cards and phone cards cannot be returned or exchanged, except as required by law.
- At Home Covid-19 test kits cannot be returned or exchanged.
- Due to health and safety concerns, some health care items, home health and personal care products cannot be returned even if unopened and no refunds will be issued.
- Special-order items like footwear, motorized scooters and lift chairs cannot be returned to CVS Pharmacy stores. Please contact Customer Care at 1-888-607-4287 for these returns.
- Hearing Aid products, that have been opened and used, may be returned within 60 days of ordering the item for a full refund should a customer be unsatisfied with their purchase.
Return by Mail
Items purchased at CVS.com that are eligible for return or exchange at a CVS Pharmacy store may also be returned by mail within 60 days of purchase. Call Customer Care at 1-888-607-4CVS (1-888-607-4287) before returning items by mail. We'll work with you to ensure that both your return and credit refund are processed accurately.
Other Important Information
- Why We Need Your ID: A third-party processor helps us detect improper returns and prevent losses. Except where prohibited, we require a valid photo ID for all returns. Our third-party processor may record ID information during a return and keep it in a secure database to help us validate future returns. You may request a copy of your Return Activity Report by calling 1-855-837-3424.
- Prescription Purchases: These policies do not apply to prescriptions. View the return policy for prescriptions purchased in store at your pharmacy. If you have questions or concerns about prescription items ordered through CVS.com®, call Customer Care at 1-888-607-4CVS (1-888-607-4287). Legal restrictions prevent prescriptions ordered online from being returned in store.
- Effective date: October 1, 2019: CVS Pharmacy reserves the right to change our coupon and return policies at any time.
Returning prescriptions or issues with your prescription order
If you have questions or concerns about prescription items in your order, call Customer Care at 1-888-607-4CVS (1-888-607-4287). Due to legal restrictions, prescription medications ordered online can't be returned to CVS Pharmacy stores.
100% money-back guarantee on Our CVS Brands
If you are not 100% satisfied with a CVS Pharmacy private brand product, you can return it for free (some exclusions apply*). What you need to know:
- We have a large portfolio of private brands. Click here for a list of Our Brands.
- The Our Brands guarantee applies to both opened and unopened packages and has no time limit.
- Returns on Our Brands are easy and free. To return in store, bring the product along with your receipt or invoice to any CVS Pharmacy store for a full refund*. To return by mail, call Customer Care at 1-888-607-4CVS (1-888-607-4287) for details.
Quality is our commitment so if you are dissatisfied for any reason, please click here to tell us why you were dissatisfied. Your feedback will be used to improve future products - thank you!
*This guarantee is subject to successful completion of a third party return authorization process. Additional information about that process can be found here download PDF. At Home Covid-19 test kits cannot be returned or exchanged.
100% satisfaction guarantee on beauty purchases
Be 100% happy or receive 100% money back on any beauty products. If you're dissatisfied for any reason, you can return the beauty product (opened or unopened) along with your receipt or invoice to any CVS Pharmacy store.
To return the item by mail, call Customer Care at 1-888-607-4CVS (1-888-607-4287). We'll work to ensure that both your return and credit refund are processed accurately.
This guarantee is subject to successful completion of a third party return authorization process. Additional information about that process can be found in the Return Policy, download PDF.