CVS Pharmacy coupons (ExtraCare® coupons and other store‐issued coupons), ExtraBucks® Rewards and third‐party manufacturer coupons are accepted in our stores subject to our coupon policy and as required by law. Visit CVS.com/CouponPolicy to learn more. CVS Pharmacy reserves the right to change our coupon policy without advance notice or advertisement. Our coupon acceptance guidelines are:
- Coupons must be presented during checkout, be legible and have a scannable barcode.
- Coupons are void if copied, scanned, altered, expired or prohibited by law. We cannot scan coupon barcodes directly from a mobile device.
- We reserve the right to process coupons in any order. Sales tax may be charged on pre-coupon price. Present a qualifying ExtraCare card at checkout to use CVS Pharmacy coupons or ExtraBucks Rewards. Valid coupons sent to your ExtraCare card will be applied at checkout.
- Coupons and ExtraBucks Rewards cannot be exchanged for cash or gift cards or be re-issued. ExtraBucks Rewards refunds may be pro-rated.
- Qualifying items and items purchased must match the coupon description (brand, size, quantity, color, etc.).
- Individual coupon value cannot exceed the value of the item it is applied to.
- CVS Pharmacy coupons generally cannot be used on sale, promotional or clearance items. Other restrictions may apply.
- Only one manufacturer’s coupon may be used per qualifying item unless otherwise stated by coupon. We honor manufacturer limitations.
- We have the right to refuse or limit the use of any coupon and/or the subsequent return for any reason and at the discretion of CVS Pharmacy management.
- Bearer assumes all sales/use tax liability and CRV on beverages where applicable.
- Coupons are not valid in specialty centers within CVS.
- Coupons exclude alcohol, prescriptions, milk, lottery, money order, gift card, postage stamps, taxes, pre-paid cards, other fees, pseudoephedrine, deposits and local exclusions.
For any state or store-specific policies, please see coupon policy posted in your local CVS.
Coupon policy FAQ
What happens when I want to use a coupon with a value that is higher than the amount I am purchasing?
You may still use the coupon; however, its value will drop down to the value of the amount you are
- A $5 coupon for a $4.99 item will result in a $4.99 coupon value
Can I use multiple coupons on sale items?
Yes, as long as all of the coupons meet their qualifications.
- Two $3 off $15 coupons for purchases that are $30.00 or higher.
- $3 off $15 coupon and $5 ExtraBucks® Rewards for a purchase of $15.
- $1 off toothpaste mfr. coupon and a $2 off toothpaste Coupon Center coupon for a $3 toothpaste item.
Can I use multiple coupons on sale items?
Yes, for certain coupons and certain sale items.
- Suave shampoo is on sale for $2.00 Buy One, Get One Free (BOGO) and the customer purchases two shampoos; the customer may use two coupons for $1.00 each and pay the applicable tax. •
- Suave shampoo is on sale for $2.00 BOGO and customer has a mfr. coupon for Suave BOGO. Customer will receive both items for free but will need to pay any applicable tax.
How do I determine the application of sales tax on my purchase that involves the use of a coupon?
Funded manufacturer’s/mfr’s coupons will generally calculate sales tax on the pre‐coupon price of the
as required by state
law*. If the coupon is issued by CVS Pharmacy® (ExtraBucks Rewards plus
coupons that includes ExtraCare® Coupon
Center and myWeekly Ad circulars), the coupon is generally deemed a retailer coupon and the sales tax
calculated on the
discounted price of the item (after the coupon is applied), as required by state law. However, some
coupons are “funded manufacturer’s coupons” and designated as mfr. on the face of the coupon and also
your receipt. Sales
tax is calculated on CVS Pharmacy issued mfr’s coupons on the pre‐coupon price of the
*Sales tax is calculated on the discounted price of the item (after the manufacturer’s coupon is applied) in the following states: CT, MA, MO, PA, TX
Can the processing order of multiple coupons that are applied to an item affect the calculation of sales tax?
Yes. Although CVS Pharmacy reserves the right to determine the processing order of its retailer coupons issued (including discounts earned via the ExtraSavings Programs and myWeekly Ad circulars), individual state tax laws govern the processing order of retailer coupons vs. funded manufacturer’s coupons.
Am I limited by how many items I can buy?
There is no set limit however, store managers do reserve the right to set discretionary limits on specific items being purchased in order to ensure there are enough of those items for other customers.
How am I able to use percent‐off coupons?
Percent‐off coupons may be used on non‐promotional/non‐sale items. Exclusions are displayed on each of the coupons.
How do I use digital ExtraCare coupons or ExtraCare coupons that have been sent to my card?
You are able to send available deals and coupons to your ExtraCare card from CVS.com® , the CVS Pharmacy mobile app, digital receipts and CVS Pharmacy email. Click on the Send‐to‐Card® icon and view the success indicator on the landing page to ensure it was loaded properly. To use it, purchase the necessary items the coupon is valid for and ensure your ExtraCare card is scanned. The colleague will ensure it is applied to that transaction during the checkout process.
What is considered an ExtraCare coupon?
Any coupons and ExtraBucks Rewards that print at the ExtraCare Coupon Center; or are featured in your printed or digital receipt, CVS Pharmacy mobile app, or on CVS.com are considered ExtraCare coupons. Quarterly ExtraBucks Rewards, circular ExtraBucks Rewards, BeautyClub ExtraBucks Rewards, and Pharmacy & Health ExtraBucks Rewards® are all types of ExtraCare ExtraBucks Rewards.
CVS Program Policies
Savings vary. Not all patients eligible for savings. Ask pharmacist for details.
ExtraCare® Beauty Club.
Beauty Club members only. Your ExtraBucks® Rewards will print on your receipt or at the ExtraCare® Coupon Center two days following qualifying purchase(s). Or, if you prefer, sign in to your CVS.com® account to print or send your rewards to your card. They will also be available on the CVS Pharmacy® app two days following qualifying purchase. Qualifying Beauty purchases include items from the following categories: Cosmetics, Fragrances, Hair Care, Hair Color, Facial Care and Hand and Body Lotion. Excludes items from Trial & Travel, gift cards and prescriptions. CVS Pharmacy reserves the right to modify or terminate the ExtraCare® BeautyClub® without notice.
Pharmacy and Health Rewards.
You must enroll in both the ExtraCare® and ExtraCare® Pharmacy & Health Rewards® program to earn Pharmacy & Health ExtraBucks® Rewards. See program rules for details at www.cvs.com/ExtraCare®-cvs/rxrewards or ask a CVS pharmacist for a copy. Rewards cannot be earned on any prescriptions purchased in AR, NJ, or NY; any prescriptions transferred to a CVS Pharmacy® in AL, MS, or; any controlled substance prescriptions purchased in HI or LA; or where otherwise prohibited by law. CVS reserves the right to modify or terminate the ExtraCare® Pharmacy & Health Rewards program.
ExtraCare® card required. Valid one time only. Excludes alcohol, prescriptions, milk, lottery, money order, gift card, postage stamps, taxes, pre-paid cards, other fees, pseudoephedrine, deposits, and local exclusions. No cash back. Tax charged on pre-coupon price where required. +CRV on beverages where applicable. Bearer assumes all sales/use tax liability. Not valid in specialty centers within CVS.
Home Health Care.
Medical equipment and supplies purchased without a prescription from the Home Health Care section of our website or in our store are not covered by Medicare. If you submit a claim to Medicare for those items, Medicare will not reimburse you for the purchase price. Other insurers’ policies may vary and you should review your plan materials or contact your insurer prior to purchase if you plan to submit the purchase price for reimbursement.
Excludes alcohol, lottery, money orders, prescriptions and co-pays, pseudoephedrine/ephedrine products, postage stamps, pre-paid cards, gift cards, newspapers and magazines, milk (where required by law or regulation), bottle deposits, bus passes, hunting and fishing licenses, any imposed governmental fees, or items reimbursed by a government health plan. Members who do not spend $50 in qualifying purchases or who do not otherwise reach a minimum of $1.00 in ExtraBucks® Rewards by the end of an earning period will not receive rewards and will not have earnings carried over. Members must collect their quarterly ExtraBucks Rewards, which will be rounded down to the nearest dollar, during the 45-day period following the earnings period.