In-Store Customer Service
Help with CVS/pharmacy Issues
If you have questions about about our stores and other issues, refer to the Frequently Asked Questions below or to one of the many topics in our online Help section. If you still can't find an answer to your question, contact Customer Relations.
Help with CVS/pharmacy IssuesFAQs
CVS/pharmacy accepts CVS/pharmacy Coupons (ExtraBucks Rewards®, offers at register or printed from CVS.com®) and valid internet/print at home coupons containing a barcode. We also accept original third party manufacturer coupons that contain a barcode and must not be a reproduction or a rebate.
CVS/pharmacy allows ONE CVS/pharmacy and ONE third party manufacturer coupon per item. A transaction is defined as the entirety of purchases on a single receipt. ExtraBucks Rewards® coupons can be applied toward the final cost. Normal exclusions apply. See the bottom of the ExtraBucks Rewards® coupon for details.
Note: Coupons cannot be applied to a "free" item.
We do not currently accept coupon barcode images displayed on a smartphone, iPhone, Droid, etc.
- Any coupon offer not covered in these guidelines will be accepted at the discretion of CVS/pharmacy management.
Rainchecks do not expire.
The raincheck will extend the CVS/pharmacy coupon expiration date. Both the CVS/pharmacy coupon and raincheck must be presented at time of purchase. The raincheck will be attached to the CVS/pharmacy coupon by store personnel.
CVS/pharmacy cannot accept a third party manufacturer coupon after it has expired.
Rainchecks are only offered for regularly carried merchandise if a substitute item is not available.
ALL returns/refund are subject to Store Manager’s approval.
Returns with receipt:
- Are allowed within 60 days of the purchase and are refunded to the customer in the same tender as (s)he paid for the original purchase with the exception of:
- Purchases paid for with a check will be refunded for cash;
- Purchases paid for with a debit card (when PIN number is entered at debit pad terminal) will be refunded for cash
- CVS/pharmacy Store Brands are 100% guaranteed
- A full refund of the purchase price for any reason with product and proof of purchase.
- Cosmetics are 100% guaranteed.
- Prepaid gift cards and money orders are not generally refundable.
Returns without receipt:
- A refund will be processed on a CVS/pharmacy Money Card.
- All sales are final on clearance and discontinued items.
Please call your doctor right away for advice if you are using a product that has been affected by a recall. Your doctor is familiar with your medical history and can suggest the best treatment option for you.
If your doctor is unavailable, contact your local CVS/pharmacy. The pharmacist on duty will provide you with more information and guidance related to the affected product. If you need a prescription for a different medicine, please contact your doctor.
Here are guidelines surrounding pharmacy coupons:
- CVS/pharmacy does accept competitor coupon and transfer offers; however, matching or providing incentive for an automatic refill program is strictly prohibited. It is against CVS/pharmacy policy to accept this type of competitor coupon for enrollment in ReadyFill®.
- Coupon offers are not valid and must not be honored for prescriptions paid for in whole or in part by state and or federal health care programs. These programs include Medicare, Medicaid and TriCare.
- Coupons also are void where prohibited by law. Coupon offers are not valid for prescriptions purchased in the states of AL, NJ and NY, and on any prescription for a controlled dangerous substance in the states of HI and LA.
- The gift card received from a coupon offer cannot be used to pay for the same purchase but can be used for future purchases.
- CVS/pharmacy will not accept offers printed from unauthorized internet postings, copies or facsimiles of any offer. The original valid coupon must be presented at the time of purchase.
It’s on the lower left side of the prescription label, highlighted in blue.
We offer the Health Savings Pass® (HSP) program. To learn more visit the HSP website, call 1-888-616-CARE (2273) or speak to your pharmacist.
The TakeAway Environmental Return program is available for purchase. This is an envelope customers can buy, fill with their unused/unwanted medications (EXCLUDING CONTROLLED MEDICATIONS) and mail away for secure and safe disposal. CVS/pharmacy stores are unable to accept customer medications for disposal.
CVS/pharmacy offers a few different types of automated services to assist our retail customers with managing their prescriptions.
- Order Ready Automated Call - an automated call reminding customers to pick up their prescriptions.
- Refill Reminder Automated Call - automated calls notifying patients filling select drugs when their prescriptions are ready for refill.
- Seasonal Allergy Automated Calls - automated call reminding the patient of the upcoming allergy season and to see their pharmacist to discuss allergy prescription medication.
Still Need Help?
For questions and comments including feedback about our stores, pharmacy, policies and in-store photo department, call 1-800-SHOP-CVS (1-800-746-7287) Monday - Friday 8:30 AM - 7 PM ET, Sat. & Sun. 10:00 AM - 6:30 PM ET. Closed major holidays.
We will respond within two business days.