Life can get hectic, and it's not always possible to prepare healthy meals from scratch. Canned and prepared foods can make it quick and simple to enjoy hearty and wholesome meals, even when time is short. You can find heat-and-eat meals like soups and noodles dishes in shelf-stable packages. Prepared foods like artichokes and olives can be enjoyed alone or mixed with other ingredients.
Canned Food Benefits
- Price - Canned food is generally economical.
- Nutrients - Canned food is prepared at peak freshness and is usually comparable in nutrition as fresh.
- Selection - Some foods are only readily available prepared, such as artichokes, for example.
- Storage - Long shelf-life means you can keep them well into the future, to include in an inspired dish of your favorite chef, or as part of your emergency preparedness plan.
Best Canned Foods To Keep Stocked
- Coconut milk is an essential ingredient in southeast and east Asian cuisine. Creamy and fragrant, it is also a source of nutrients that offer health benefits.
- Legumes, such as kidney beans, chickpeas, and lentils, are high in fiber and protein and keep you feeling satisfied for longer. Canned beans are handy for making dishes on short notice because they do not need any soaking or cooking like dried ones.
- Fish that are rich in oil, such as tuna, mackerel, and sardines, can be the right choice for your health. Canned fish are easy to keep in your pantry without spoiling. Ready to eat or add to a recipe without the fuss of cleaning and preparation.
- Soup can make you feel cozy and warm on a chilly day. Whether it's to heat and serve, or to make it a base for a hearty recipe, canned soup is a must in a well-stocked pantry.
- Tomatoes, whether chopped, diced, pureed, or whole, are an essential cooking staple. Canned tomatoes are even healthier than fresh as the canning process increases the levels of lycopene, a good antioxidant.
- Canned vegetables can come to the rescue when there's not enough time to prepare and cook from fresh. From green beans peas to corn and red pepper mixes, canned and preserved veggies come in many forms, including chopped, puréed, and whole.
condiments, frozen food, snacks, baking needs, easy mac, jerky