3 steps to managing Type 2 diabetes at CVS HealthHUB
1. Visit MinuteClinic® at your HealthHUB location.
Your first stop for diabetic care at CVS HealthHUB is a MinuteClinic® visit.
Just sign in at the electronic kiosk in store. No appointment necessary. Open
7 days a week, including nights and weekends.
Our MinuteClinic providers can provide the following services for
Type 2 diabetes:
High blood glucose can be a risk factor that may increase your chance of developing or suffering complications from diabetes. A glucose screening can help identify high blood sugar, which can help you prevent or delay the effects of diabetes.
Here's how our diabetes screening at MinuteClinic works:
- Your MinuteClinic provider will review your medical history and perform a risk assessment.
- Your provider will take a blood sample from your finger to test your blood glucose.
- After reviewing your results, your provider will offer personalized recommendations.
- At the end of your visit, you will receive a visit summary, a receipt and educational material.
- A summary of your visit can be sent to your primary care provider with your permission. If blood tests confirm a diabetes diagnosis, we can recommend an initial diabetes treatment plan.
- Now available: diabetic retinopathy exams. If you have not had a diabetic retinopathy exam recently, it may be recommended by your MinuteClinic provider as part of your diabetic monitoring service.
Diabetic retinopathy is the leading cause of blindness in American adults. With early detection, treatment and follow-up care, the risk for severe vision loss may be reduced. Most people with diabetes should get a comprehensive eye exam at least once a year.
Stay on top of your levels in between doctor's appointments with our diabetes monitoring services. Our MinuteClinic providers can help you understand what your numbers mean.
Here's how our diabetes monitoring service works:
- Your MinuteClinic provider will review your medical history and lifestyle factors.
- Your provider will perform an exam and tests based on your individual needs, which may include:
Your provider will discuss your results and offer recommendations to help you successfully monitor and manage your diabetes.
At the end of your visit, you will receive a visit summary, a receipt and educational material.
A summary of your visit can be sent to your primary care provider with your permission.
- A1c and blood glucose test
- Blood pressure check
- Body mass index (BMI)
- Cholesterol test
- Comprehensive foot exam
- Kidney function check
- Lab services
- Diabetic retinopathy exam
2. Get personalized care at our pharmacy
Visit the pharmacy at CVS HealthHUB for the following services for Type 2 diabetes:
Fill or refill prescriptions
Pick up your diabetes management medications and/or other prescriptions you may need at the pharmacy.*
Talk one-on-one with a CVS pharmacist, who can provide education and help answer your questions.
Smart device coaching
Learn how to use select blood glucose monitors with the help of our pharmacy team.
3. Shop an expanded product selection.
Discover a wide range of products for diabetic care, from blood glucose monitors to compression socks, nutrition products and more. Ask our care concierge at your CVS HealthHUB for more info.
See how HealthHUB services and products help Jack manage his diabetes.
Our care team is here for you, too.