COVID Testing near Mechanicsville, VA
COVID Testing locations(s) near Mechanicsville
1.5 miles7048 Mechanicsville TurnpikeMechanicsville, VA 23111Inside CVS Pharmacy
7.7 miles5001 West Broad StreetRichmond, VA 23230Inside CVS Pharmacy
8.0 miles3514 West Cary StreetRichmond, VA 23221Inside CVS Pharmacy
13.1 miles11271 Nuckols RoadGlen Allen, VA 23059Inside CVS Pharmacy
13.6 miles6911 Walmsley BoulevardRichmond, VA 23235
14.1 miles10100 Robious RoadRichmond, VA 23235
14.8 miles3001 Lauderdale DriveRichmond, VA 23233Inside CVS Pharmacy
17.2 miles13180 Midlothian TurnpikeMidlothian, VA 23113Inside CVS Pharmacy
18.5 miles3851 North Bailey Bridge RoadChesterfield, VA 23112
18.7 miles221 East Hundred RoadChester, VA 23836Inside CVS Pharmacy
Who should be tested for COVID-19?
The CDC recommends that anyone: who has symptoms of COVID-19; who has been in close contact with a person known to have COVID-19; or who lives in or has recently traveled from an area with ongoing spread of COVID-19, should contact their health care provider and be tested. Check for available times and schedule a COVID test today.
Once you receive negative test results, you can take steps to protect yourself from the virus, including the Delta variant, by getting a COVID-19 vaccine and taking other safety precautions including avoiding crowds and washing your hands often.
Why don't I qualify for testing?
Because of limited supplies and in accordance with CDC guidelines, testing is limited to certain patients.
Is there an out-of-pocket cost for patients with insurance?
Patients with insurance should not have any out-of-pocket costs for a covered COVID-19 test, but you should check with your health plan to confirm before scheduling a test. If you have health insurance, you must bring your card with you to the test site. For patients who test negative for COVID-19 through a rapid test and come into the clinic, the clinic visit should be considered part of your test by your health plan. You likely will not have any out-of-pocket costs for the in-clinic visit, or for testing to further evaluate COVID-like symptoms, but you should check with your health plan to confirm coverage. You will be responsible for any patient cost share as determined by your insurance. If active coverage cannot be located, your test will be submitted to the federal program for the uninsured for payment.
Is there an out-of-pocket cost for patients without insurance?
If you do not have insurance, we will ask you for your Social Security number (card not needed), driver's license or state ID to submit the cost of your test to the federal program for the uninsured. If you do not have insurance and are using the federal program for the uninsured to cover your COVID-19 test, the in-clinic visit will be covered at no additional cost to you; however, any additional point of care lab testing will not be covered under the uninsured fund.
Can I pay for the test instead of submitting to insurance or the uninsured program?
Yes, you can choose to pay for your test with a debit/credit/FSA/HSA card for send-out lab tests only (self-pay is not available in NY, NJ and RI). Self-pay is not available for rapid-result testing at this time. No screening required. The cost is $139, which includes $100 for the independent laboratory that processes your test and $39 for your MinuteClinic visit.
I don't drive. Can I walk in?
For drive-thru lab testing, a motor vehicle is required. Patients must remain in the vehicle at all times. For rapid testing, a vehicle is not required. Wait in one of the designated parking spaces, either in a vehicle or on foot, and wait for the provider to call you for your test. We also offer walk-up testing at a limited number of community testing sites for patients who don't drive. Check the list to find one open near you. Appointments are also required for these sites.
- COVID Testing in Richmond, VA
- COVID Testing in Glen Allen, VA
- COVID Testing in Midlothian, VA
- COVID Testing in Chester, VA
- COVID Testing in Williamsburg, VA
- COVID Testing in King George, VA
- COVID Testing in Fredericksburg, VA
- COVID Testing in Newport News, VA
- COVID Testing in Stafford, VA
- COVID Testing in Leonardtown, MD
- COVID Testing in Hampton, VA
- COVID Testing in Dumfries, VA
- Walk-In Clinics near Richmond, VA
- Walk-In Clinics near Glen Allen, VA
- Walk-In Clinics near Midlothian, VA
- Walk-In Clinics near Chester, VA
- Walk-In Clinics near Hopewell, VA
- Walk-In Clinics near Colonial Heights, VA
- Walk-In Clinics near Petersburg, VA
- Walk-In Clinics near Williamsburg, VA
- Walk-In Clinics near King George, VA
- Walk-In Clinics near Fredericksburg, VA
- Walk-In Clinics near Newport News, VA
- Walk-In Clinics near Stafford, VA
- Walk-In Clinics near University of Richmond
- Walk-In Clinics near College of William & Mary
- Walk-In Clinics near Hampton University
- Walk-In Clinics near Old Dominion University
- Walk-In Clinics near Norfolk State University
- Walk-In Clinics near George Mason University
- Walk-In Clinics near George Washington University
- Walk-In Clinics near Georgetown University
- Walk-In Clinics near Howard University
- Walk-In Clinics near American University
- Walk-In Clinics near University of Maryland, College Park
- Walk-In Clinics near Liberty University