CVS Pharmacy Twitter-based Promotions Official Rules
No purchase necessary. A purchase or payment of any kind will not increase your chances of winning. Void where prohibited.
- Eligibility: The CVS Pharmacy Twitter-based Chance Based Promotions, which may include random drawings or "first to respond contests," (the "Sweepstakes") are open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry, who have a Twitter account, and who are followers of http://twitter.com/CVS_Extra and http://twitter.com/cvsbeautyclub (the "Feed"). Obtaining a Twitter account and following the Feed are free of charge. Employees of CVS Pharmacy, Inc., its parent and affiliate companies, and any immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning the prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Sponsor: CVS Pharmacy, Inc., 1 CVS Drive, Woonsocket, RI 02895.
- Timing: The Sweepstakes ends on the date stated in the tweet containing the Sweepstakes offer (the time when the promotion is live up until the end date is the "Promotion Period"). Sponsor's computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
- How to Enter: At the beginning of the Promotion Period, Sponsor will post a tweet to the Feed. Participants will be asked to tweet, retweet, or respond to the tweet (as applicable), and include in their post a specific hashtag specified in the tweet announcement of the Sweepstakes so that Sponsor can identify the tweet as part of the Sweepstakes. Doing this will generate one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Any participant who posts after the close of the Promotion Period will not be given an entry into the Sweepstakes. Limit: Each participant may obtain only one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the Twitter account. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different Twitter accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified from the entire Sweepstakes. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the Twitter account used to register will be deemed to be the registrant or player. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
- Winner Selection: For random drawings: At the close of the Promotion Period, Sponsor will randomly select the designated number of entrant(s) specified in the tweet announcement of the Sweepstakes as the potential winner(s) of the Sweepstakes. The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received. The potential winner(s) will be notified by a direct message ("DM") on Twitter. If the potential winner does not respond within forty eight (48) hours of the DM, or does not respond in full as requested by the DM, he/she forfeits prize. Any forfeited prize will not be awarded. For first to tweet/retweet/respond contests: After the occurrence of the event set forth in the tweet announcement (e.g., "be first 5 to retweet. . . .") Sponsor will confirm the winners and notify them by a DM on Twitter. If the potential winner does not respond within forty eight (48) hours of the DM, or does not respond in full as requested by the DM, he/she forfeits prize. Any forfeited prize will not be awarded. LIMIT: Only one (1) prize per person per Sweepstakes.
- Prizes: The prize(s) along with the number, description and value are set forth in the tweet announcement of the Sweepstakes. Prizes will be mailed to the address given to Sponsor by the potential winner via DM approximately 6-8 weeks after the close of the Sweepstakes.
- Release: By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company's officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
- Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes winner's consent to Sponsor's and its agents' use of winner's name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
- General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other Promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or otherwise impaired entries; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the District of Rhode Island or the appropriate Rhode Island state court located in Providence County, Rhode Island; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Rhode Island without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Rhode Island or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Rhode Island.
- Winner List: Winners of the Sweepstakes will have their names and handles posted to the Feed approximately ten (10) days after the close of the Promotion Period.