Keep your family flu free
Learn how to prepare for your visit, how to get the most out of it and about any care restrictions here.
A flu shot is the best way to protect yourself and your family from flu, which sends more than 200,000 people to the hospital each year. We have the right flu shot for seniors, adults and children.
- Seasonal for adults and children (preservative-free available, upon request)
- High dose (for ages 65+)
What to know before your visit
Our practitioners provide this vaccine to children 18 months or older.
Patients must be 5 years or older in Connecticut and 2 years or older in Kentucky.
Patients with the following may be directed to another health care provider:
- History of allergy or adverse reactions to the vaccine
What to expect at your visit
- Sign in at the electronic kiosk to see a nurse practitioner or physician assistant.* No appointment necessary.
- Review the Vaccine Information Sheet.
- After a thorough review, your practitioner will administer the vaccine.
- At the end of your visit, your practitioner will provide you with a summary, a receipt and educational material.
- The summary of your visit can be sent to your primary care provider with your permission.
- Your practitioner will recommend that you remain in the clinic waiting area for 15 minutes to ensure you have no adverse reactions. Practitioners are trained to respond to anaphylactic reactions.
*MinuteClinic® employs physician assistants in select states. See here for details.