• Resealable pouch
• For external use as a soaking solution
• For minor sprains and bruises
• Magnesium sulfate USP
• Saline laxative
• Tamper-evident packaging
• 8lb bag
Our versatile CVS Health Epsom Salt Value Size can help you find soothing relief in a variety of ways. Epsom salt has many uses -- from relief of occasional constipation when taken internally, to easing sore muscles when used as a soaking solution. When using Epsom salt to relieve occasional constipation, adults and children ages 12 years and older can take 2-6 level teaspoons with a full, 8-ounce glass of water. To use Epsom salt externally, simply add 2 cups to a warm bath to soak away tiredness, soreness, muscle aches, and stress. Feel better inside and out when you use CVS Health Epsom Salt Value Size.
Magnesium Sulfate USP
Epsom Salt is a trusted remedy that is useful every season of the year.
Beat winter blues
Simply dissolve two cups of Epsom salt in a warm bath to:
• Reduce stiffness and soreness
• Warm and comfort your muscle aches
A mineral spring spa
Springtime is your fresh start to working out, oftentimes leading to overexertion. Just dissolve two cups of Epsom salt in warm bath water, settle in, and experience the relief and relaxation.
First aid summer salts
Dissolve two cups of Epsom salt in two cups of warm water to make a compress. Apply as a wet dressing with towel to:
• Provide soothing relief from over exertion from sports
• Warm and comfort your muscle aches
Relax into autumn
By dissolving two cups of Epsom salt in a warm bath, you'll be able to:
• Soak away tiredness and soreness
• Help soothe away stress
• for relief of occasional constipation (irregularity)
• this product generally produces bowel movement in 1/2 to 6 hours
Active ingredient - Purpose
Magnesium sulfate USP (heptahydrate) 100% - Saline laxative
© 2016 CVS/pharmacy
Magnesium content 495 mg per teaspoon (5 grams)
• do not exceed recommended daily dosage
• drink a full glass (8 ounces) of liquid with each dose
• may be taken as a single daily dose or in divided doses
• dissolve the dose in 8 ounces of water. Lemon juice may be added to improve the taste.
Adults and children 12 years and over: 2 to 6 level teaspoons (10 to 30 grams) daily
Children 6 to under 12 years: 1 to 2 level teaspoons (5 to 10 grams) daily
Children under 6 years: consult a doctor
Tear along dotted line. Press zipper to reseal.
For external use as a soaking aid for minor sprains and bruises.
Directions: Dissolve 2 cupfuls of this product per gallon of water. Apply with bandages or toweling for 30 minutes up to three times a day. For a less intensive soak, use 1 or 2 cupfuls in a bath. Use warm water for best results.
TAMPER EVIDENT PACKAGING: Caution: this package has been sealed for your protection. Do not use if package is open, torn or mutilated.
CAUTION: IF PROMPT RELIEF IS NOT OBTAINED OR THERE IS EVIDENCE OF INFECTION, DISCONTINUE USE AND CONSULT YOUR PHYSICIAN.
HOT OR WARM SOAKS SHOULD NOT BE USED BY INDIVIDUALS WITH DIABETES EXCEPT ON THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF HEAT SEALED POUCH IS IMPROPERLY SEALED.
ASK A DOCTOR BEFORE USE IF YOU HAVE
• kidney disease
• a magnesium-restricted diet
• abdominal pain, nausea, or vomiting
• noticed a sudden change in bowel habits that persists over a period of 2 weeks
• already used a laxative for a period longer than 1 week
ASK A DOCTOR OR PHARMACIST BEFORE USE IF YOU ARE taking any other drug. Take this product 2 or more hours before or after other drugs. Laxatives may affect how other drugs work.
STOP USE AND ASK A DOCTOR IF you have rectal bleeding or failure to have a bowel movement after use. These could be signs of a serious condition
IF PREGNANT OR BREAST-FEEDING, ask a health professional before use. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.