We offer the support you need
Learn how to prepare for your visit, how to get the most out of it and about any care restrictions here.
According to the American Diabetes Association, diabetes is a fact of life for over 9% of Americans. Left unmanaged, it can lead to complications that affect nearly every organ in the body. If you’ve been diagnosed with diabetes, we can help you stay on top of your condition in between visits to your primary care provider.
What to know before your visit
Our practitioners provide this service to patients 18 years or older.
For best results, we recommend that you fast 8 to 12 hours before your visit.
This service is not available to pregnant women.
What to expect at your visit
- Sign in at the electronic kiosk to see a nurse practitioner or physician assistant.* No appointment necessary.
- Your practitioner will review your medical history and lifestyle factors.
- Your practitioner will perform an exam and tests based on your individual needs. This may include the following:
• A1c test
• Blood pressure check
• Body mass index (BMI)
• Cholesterol test
• Comprehensive foot exam
• Microalbumin test (kidney function)
- Please note that additional charges apply for these tests. Visit our Price List for these fees.
- Your practitioner will discuss your results and provide recommendations to help you successfully manage your diabetes.
- At the end of your visit, your practitioner will provide you with a summary, a receipt and educational material.
- The summary of your visit can be sent to your primary care provider with your permission.
*MinuteClinic® employs physician assistants in select states. See here for details.