Shop all categories

CVS Health Antiseptic Skin Cleanser

CVS Health Antiseptic Skin Cleanser
In stock
for shipping
Add to Basket

Find this item at a nearby store

Enter ZIP code or location

Ships Free With CarePassTM

Members enjoy free shipping on entire order when it contains at least one CarePass-eligible item.
CVS Health Antiseptic Skin Cleanser
8 OZ, .6 lbs. Item # 864765

HSA/FSA Eligible

• Dye free

• Antiseptic and antimicrobial

• Reduces bacteria

• 8fl oz bottle

Keep your hands clean and free from bacteria with our CVS Health Antiseptic Skin Cleanser. Healthcare personnel can feel confident using this product as a handwash solution to reduce bacteria that could potentially cause and spread disease. This cleanser is made from a chlorhexidine gluconate 4% solution, designed to significantly reduce the number of microorganisms on the hands and forearms prior to surgery or patient care. Also intended for use right at home, this dye-free solution is useful for cleaning everyday skin wounds and for general skin cleansing. For thorough antiseptic and antimicrobial care, look no further than our CVS Health Antiseptic Skin Cleanser.
Antiseptic / Antimicrobial Skin Cleanser

• surgical hand scrub: significantly reduces the number of microorganisms on the hands and forearms prior to surgery or patient care
• healthcare personnel handwash: helps reduce bacteria that potentially can cause disease
• skin wound and general skin cleansing

Drug Facts
Active ingredient - Purpose
Chlorhexidine gluconate 4% solution - Antiseptic
Compare to the active ingredient in Hibiclens®*
*This product is not manufactured or distributed by Mölnlycke Healthcare, owner of the registered trademark Hibiclens®.
© 2018 CVS/pharmacy

HDPE - 2

NDC 59779-767-08

Tamper evident band


Active ingredient - Purpose
Chlorhexidine gluconate 4% solution - Antiseptic

Inactive Ingredients: Cocamide DEA, Fragrance, Glucono-Delta-Lactone, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Isopropyl Alcohol, Lauramine Oxide, PEG-75 Lanolin, Purified Water, Tridecyl Alcohol


• use with care in premature infants or infants under 2 months of age. These products may cause irritation or chemical burns.
Surgical hand scrub:
 • wet hands and forearms with water
 • scrub for 3 minutes with about 5 ml of product and a wet brush paying close attention to the nails, cuticles, and interdigital spaces
 • a separate nail cleaner may be used
 • rinse thoroughly
 • wash for an additional 3 minutes with 5 ml of product and rinse under running water
 • dry thoroughly

Healthcare personnel handwash:
 • wet hands with water
 • dispense about 5 ml of product into cupped hands and wash in a vigorous manner for about 15 seconds
 • rinse and dry thoroughly

Skin wound and general skin cleansing:
 • thoroughly rinse the area to be cleaned with water
 • apply the minimum amount of product necessary to cover the skin or wound area and wash gently
 • rinse again thoroughly

Laundering/Cleaning Instructions:
Chlorhexidine gluconate skin cleansers will cause stains if used with chlorine releasing products, such as chlorine bleach. Rinse completely and use only non-chlorine detergents.
Store at 20-25°C (68-77°F)
Avoid excessive heat above 40°C (104°F)




This product may cause a severe allergic reaction. Symptoms may include:
• wheezing/difficulty breathing
• shock
• facial swelling
• hives
• rash
If an allergic reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.

• if you or the patient is allergic to chlorhexidine gluconate or any other ingredient in this product
• in contact with meninges
• in the genital area

• keep out of eyes, ears, and mouth. May cause serious and permanent eye injury if permitted to enter and remain in the eye or may cause deafness when instilled in the middle ear through perforated eardrums.
• if solution should contact these areas, rinse out promptly and thoroughly with water
• wounds which involve more than the superficial layers of the skin should not be routinely treated
• repeated general skin cleansing of large body areas should not be done except when advised by a health care provider

STOP USE AND ASK A DOCTOR IF irritation, sensitization, or allergic reaction occurs. These may be signs of a serious condition.

KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.

��WARNING: This product can expose you to coconut oil diethanolamine condensate (cocamide diethanolamine), which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information go to

Prices may vary from online to in store.
*Customer reviews and ratings solely reflect the views and opinions of the individual contributors and are not created or endorsed by CVS Pharmacy. Please review the product labeling and consult with your doctor with any health or medical questions.