Omeprazole Delayed Release Orally Disintegrating Tablets, 20 mg, Acid Reducer, Strawberry Flavor, melts in your mouth and dissolves without water. This acid reducer is FDA-approved to treat frequent heartburn that occurs 2 or more days per week. Omeprazole deactivates acid-producing pumps in the stomach lining to inhibit acid production at the source. This product is not intended for immediate relief of heartburn; may take 1 to 4 days for full effect. Compare to Prilosec OTC®. Made in Israel.
EFFECTIVE HEARTBURN TREATMENT: The active ingredient in Omeprazole Delayed Release Orally Disintegrating Tablets, 20 mg, is 20 mg of omeprazole, an acid reducer. Compare to Prilosec OTC®. It works to reduce acid that may cause heartburn.
MELTS IN YOUR MOUTH: Omeprazole Delayed Release Orally Disintegrating Tablets, 20 mg dissolve in your mouth, no water required. These strawberry-flavored tablets may also be swallowed whole with water.
#1 PHYSICIAN RECOMMENDED ACID REDUCER: Omeprazole is a PPI (Proton Pump Inhibitor), the #1 physician recommended type of OTC acid reducer. (Of U.S. physicians surveyed by an independent market research firm)
24 HOUR TREATMENT: Omeprazole works by interfering with acid-producing proton pumps in the stomach. One pill, once a day, taken over a 14-day course of treatment, blocks stomach acid production for 24 hour treatment.
FOR FREQUENT HEARTBURN: May take 1 to 4 days for full effect – not intended for immediate heartburn relief.
Active ingredient (in each tablet): Omeprazole 20 mg. Purpose: Acid reducer. Inactive ingredients: amino methacrylate copolymer, ascorbic acid, cetyl alcohol, colloidal silicon dioxide, crospovidone, ferric oxide, flavor, hypromellose, hypromellose phthalate, maize maltodextrin, mannitol, microcrystalline cellulose, propylene glycol, silicon dioxide, sodium stearate, sodium stearyl fumarate, sorbitol, sucralose, sugar spheres, talc, titanium dioxide, triethyl citrate.
Directions: for adults 18 years of age and older; this product is to be used once a day (every 24 hours), every day for 14 days; it may take 1 to 4 days for full effect; some people get complete relief of symptoms within 24 hours. 14-Day Course of Treatment: take 1 tablet before eating in the morning; do not crush or chew tablets; place the tablet on tongue; tablet disintegrates, with or without water. The tablets can also be swallowed whole with water; take every day for 14 days; do not take more than 1 tablet a day; do not use for more than 14 days unless directed by your doctor; do not take this medicine with alcohol. Repeated 14-Day Course (if needed): you may repeat a 14-day course every 4 months; do not take for more than 14 days or more often than every 4 months unless directed by a doctor. Children under 18 years of age: ask a doctor before use. Heartburn in children may sometimes be caused by a serious condition.
Treats frequent heartburn (occurs 2 or more days a week). Not intended for immediate relief of heartburn; this drug may take 1 to 4 days for full effect.
Allergy alert: do not use if you are allergic to omeprazole. Do not use if you have: trouble or pain swallowing food, vomiting with blood, or bloody or black stools; heartburn with lightheadedness, sweating or dizziness; chest or shoulder pain with shortness of breath; sweating; pain spreading to arms, neck or shoulders; or lightheadedness; frequent chest pain. These may be signs of a serious condition. See your doctor. Ask a doctor before use if you have: had heartburn over 3 months. This may be a sign of a more serious condition; frequent wheezing, particularly with heartburn; unexplained weight loss; nausea or vomiting; stomach pain. Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking a prescription drug. Acid reducers may interact with certain prescription drugs. Stop use and ask a doctor if: your heartburn continues or worsens; you need to take this product for more than 14 days; you need to take more than 1 course of treatment every 4 months; you get diarrhea; you develop a rash or joint pain. If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use. Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away (1-800-222-1222).