CVS stores near me in Des Moines, IA
Des Moines, Iowa Pharmacies
There are 11 CVS pharmacies in the Des Moines area, making it a snap for residents to purchase their medication. Students preparing to move in for a new semester at Grand View University, travelers packing up before starting an adventure, and Des Moines natives all can get their medication nearby. There will sometimes be days when you're in a hurry and can't take the time to park your car. Luckily, there are 5 drive thru pharmacies in Des Moines in the city so you can refill your prescription as quickly and easily.
Your Local Pharmacy in Des Moines
Whatever you have planned, CVS helps you get what you require. In Des Moines, this is especially important, as there is a lot to doósuch as spending the day thrill-seeking at Urban Air Trampoline and Adventure Park. When you are looking for the best pharmacy in Des Moines, you need one that provides a way to fill a prescription order on your way home from Broadlawns Medical Center, provides prescription refills, and has sunscreen, over-the-counter painkillers, motion sickness deterrents, and more. CVS has the items you need.
Services at CVS Pharmacies in Des Moines
Des Moines CVS pharmacies are here to meet the needs of all residents by offering the following services:
- Prescription Drug Coverage - CVS pharmacists at pharmacies like the SE Delaware Ave location help our patients get medication refilled in Des Moines at a low cost. Together with healthcare providers, our team works to provide patients with a personalized schedule to stay on their prescription, whether they can get them in-store or need a prescription delivery service.
- Pharmacy Services - CVS pharmacy care team members help patients manage chronic conditions and get and stay healthy affordably and conveniently. They offer medication refills, prescription delivery in Des Moines (including same-day delivery), and prescription transfer services.
- Health and Wellness - HealthHUB and MinuteClinic locations near Des Moines provide ongoing and everyday care, including screenings, diagnoses, follow-up care, immunizations, and more.
- Health Plans - Discover inexpensive healthcare including commercial options, Medicare, and Medicaid through the help of CVS health plans.
Shop at your local CVS pharmacy to purchase prescription medication and over-the-counter items.
CVS Pharmacy Des Moines, IA Drugstores FAQs
Is delivery available at CVS Pharmacy in Des Moines, IA?
Yes, CVS Pharmacies in Des Moines, IA deliver. 1 to 2 day delivery is available at almost all of our CVS Pharmacy locations. Delivery within hours is currently available in most markets (called "on-demand delivery" at checkout). Options available in your area will be displayed during checkout.
Is prescription delivery offered at CVS in Des Moines, IA?
Yes, prescription delivery is available in Des Moines, but not all prescriptions are eligible for delivery. Controlled substances and medications that require refrigeration cannot be delivered to most locations at this time. Other drug exclusions may apply. Please call us for additional details.
How does CVS pharmacy delivery work in Des Moines, IA?
For pharmacy delivery in Des Moines, Iowa, first, log in to sign up for text alerts or download our app to be notified when your prescription is ready. Then fill your prescription as you normally would. After refilling your prescription, when your order's ready for pickup, we'll let you know through text or in our app. From there, you will click the link within the notification to choose FREE 1 to 2 day or same-day delivery with Shipt. You can always choose to enroll in auto delivery during checkout to have eligible scripts automatically delivered in 1 to 2 days!
Does CVS Pharmacy in Iowa offer same day delivery?
Most CVS Pharmacies offer same day delivery for prescriptions through Shipt. CVS also offers same day delivery with Instacart. Order your items online and schedule your delivery for a time of your choosing! Get your items in as little as an hour, or pick a time that's most convenient for you.
How to transfer prescriptions to CVS Pharmacy in Des Moines, IA?
CVS Pharmacy makes it easy for you to transfer your prescriptions to any one of our pharmacies. Transfer your prescriptions online with our online form or with help from our pharmacists by calling or visiting one of our pharmacies in Iowa. Learn more on how you can save with our Free Rx Savings Review once you transfer!
How to refill prescriptions in Des Moines, IA?
Create or log into your CVS account to make refilling your Rx even easier. Online or through the app you are able to refill your prescriptions, link your family's prescriptions, view your prescription history, and even check order status! Set up automatic refills at no additional cost and we’ll let you know when your prescriptions are ready to be picked up at your pharmacy in Des Moines!
What vaccines does CVS Pharmacy in Des Moines, IA offer?
CVS Pharmacy offers the following vaccines:
- Cholera vaccine
- Rabies vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine
- Diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis vaccine
- Hepatitis A vaccine
- Hepatitis B vaccine
- Human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine
- Influenza (flu) vaccine
- Measles, mumps, rubella (MMR) vaccine
- Meningococcal (meningitis) vaccine
- Pneumococcal (pneumonia) vaccine
- Polio vaccine
- Typhoid vaccine
- Zoster (shingles) vaccine
- Varicella (chicken pox) vaccine
Call your pharmacy to confirm the availability of vaccines upon arrival.