CVS stores near me in Portsmouth, RI
10 TURNPIKE AVE.
PORTSMOUTH, RI, 02871
Pharmacies in Portsmouth, Rhode Island
The Portsmouth area has 56 CVS pharmacies, making it a cinch to buy the prescription drugs you're looking for in any part of town. Students hoping to get prescriptions refilled before moving into housing at Roger Williams University, vacationers packing for their next vacation and residents who require daily coverage all have their prescription medication needs covered. There are times when you are in need of a 24-hour pharmacy near Portsmouth, like when you have to make a late flight. Luckily, there are 9 24-hour pharmacies near town. Also, if you're short on time and can't take the time to find a parking space, the 38 drive-thru pharmacies near town are there for you.
Your Local Pharmacy in Portsmouth
No matter what you have planned, we help you get the things you need to make it through the day. In Portsmouth, this is especially important because there is a lot to doósuch as catching some rays at Frank Moody State Beach. The best pharmacy is one that offers the items you need to get through the day, no matter what you do. Your nearby drugstore in Portsmouth is where to go for filling a prescription order after a visit to Fresenius Medical Care at Newport Lifespan Hospital, medication refills, and sunscreen, over-the-counter painkillers, motion sickness deterrents, and more.
CVS Pharmacies in Portsmouth Services
CVS realizes that people have a variety of health and wellness requirements. The following services are available at our Portsmouth pharmacies to meet the demands of every local:
- Prescription Drug Coverage - Get medication refilled in Portsmouth at a low cost with assistance from CVS pharmacists at pharmacies such as the Turnpike Avenue location. Create an individualized schedule with CVS team that works alongside healthcare providers to help you keep up with medication. Pick up your refills in-store or have a prescription delivery service, whatever works best for you.
- Pharmacy Services - CVS pharmacy care team members help patients manage chronic conditions and get and stay healthy conveniently and inexpensively. Team members offer medication refills, prescription delivery in Portsmouth (including same-day delivery), and the ability to transfer a prescription.
- Health and Wellness - MinuteClinic and HealthHUB locations near Portsmouth offer ongoing and everyday care, such as diagnoses, immunizations, follow-up care, screenings, and more.
- Health Plans - Discover affordable healthcare including Medicare, Medicaid, and commercial options through the assistance of CVS health plans.
Get prescription drugs or over-the-counter at your nearest CVS pharmacy.
CVS Pharmacy Portsmouth, RI Drugstores FAQs
Is delivery available at CVS Pharmacy in Portsmouth, RI?
Yes, CVS Pharmacies in Portsmouth, RI deliver. 1 to 2 day delivery is available at almost all of our CVS Pharmacy locations. Delivery within hours is currently available in most markets (called "on-demand delivery" at checkout). Options available in your area will be displayed during checkout.
Is prescription delivery offered at CVS in Portsmouth, RI?
Yes, prescription delivery is available in Portsmouth, but not all prescriptions are eligible for delivery. Controlled substances and medications that require refrigeration cannot be delivered to most locations at this time. Other drug exclusions may apply. Please call us for additional details.
How does CVS pharmacy delivery work in Portsmouth, RI?
For pharmacy delivery in Portsmouth, Rhode Island, first, log in to sign up for text alerts or download our app to be notified when your prescription is ready. Then fill your prescription as you normally would. After refilling your prescription, when your order's ready for pickup, we'll let you know through text or in our app. From there, you will click the link within the notification to choose FREE 1 to 2 day or same-day delivery with Shipt. You can always choose to enroll in auto delivery during checkout to have eligible scripts automatically delivered in 1 to 2 days!
Does CVS Pharmacy in Rhode Island offer same day delivery?
Most CVS Pharmacies offer same day delivery for prescriptions through Shipt. CVS also offers same day delivery with Instacart. Order your items online and schedule your delivery for a time of your choosing! Get your items in as little as an hour, or pick a time that's most convenient for you.
How to transfer prescriptions to CVS Pharmacy in Portsmouth, RI?
CVS Pharmacy makes it easy for you to transfer your prescriptions to any one of our pharmacies. Transfer your prescriptions online with our online form or with help from our pharmacists by calling or visiting one of our pharmacies in Rhode Island. Learn more on how you can save with our Free Rx Savings Review once you transfer!
How to refill prescriptions in Portsmouth, RI?
Create or log into your CVS account to make refilling your Rx even easier. Online or through the app you are able to refill your prescriptions, link your family's prescriptions, view your prescription history, and even check order status! Set up automatic refills at no additional cost and we’ll let you know when your prescriptions are ready to be picked up at your pharmacy in Portsmouth!
What vaccines does CVS Pharmacy in Portsmouth, RI offer?
CVS Pharmacy offers the following vaccines:
- Cholera vaccine
- Rabies vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine
- Diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis vaccine
- Hepatitis A vaccine
- Hepatitis B vaccine
- Human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine
- Influenza (flu) vaccine
- Measles, mumps, rubella (MMR) vaccine
- Meningococcal (meningitis) vaccine
- Pneumococcal (pneumonia) vaccine
- Polio vaccine
- Typhoid vaccine
- Zoster (shingles) vaccine
- Varicella (chicken pox) vaccine
Call your pharmacy to confirm the availability of vaccines upon arrival.