CVS stores near me in Amherst, VA
112 S. MAIN ST. / P.O. BOX 1017
AMHERST, VA, 24521
Amherst, Virginia Pharmacies
There are 11 CVS pharmacies in the Amherst area, making it simple for locals to find their prescription medication. Students getting ready to move in for a new semester at Sweet Briar College, vacationers packing up before heading off to the airport, and long-time residents all can buy their prescription drugs without traveling too far. Occasionally a 24-hour pharmacy near Amherst is the only solution, like when you need to catch a red-eye. Thankfully, CVS has a 24-hour pharmacy near the city. At the same time, you find yourself in such a rush that you don't want to take the time to find a parking spot. In such instances, the 9 drive-thru drugstores in the area will meet your needs.
Your Amherst Pharmacy
No matter what you have planned, we help get you the things you need to make it through the day. This is extra important in Amherst, where there is a lot to do, and you need to be prepared for anything when you're enjoying the local attractions. Locating the best pharmacy in Amherst not only provides a place to get a new prescription from Blue Ridge Medical Center Amherst; it provides you access to sunscreen, over-the-counter painkillers, motion sickness deterrents, prescription refills, and any other items needed to get through your day or ensure your next trip is successful.
Services at CVS Pharmacies in Amherst
CVS pharmacies in Amherst are dedicated to meeting the requirements of all local residents by providing services such as:
- Prescription Drug Coverage - CVS pharmacists at pharmacies such as the South Main Street store help you find medication in Amherst at an affordable price. Our team works with healthcare providers to give patients a personalized plan to stay on their prescription, whether they can pick them up at the pharmacy or want prescription delivery.
- Pharmacy Services - Get and stay healthy and manage chronic conditions conveniently and inexpensively with the aid of CVS pharmacy care team members. They will help you with processes such as the ability to transfer a prescription, prescription refills, and medication delivery in Amherst (including same-day delivery).
- Health and Wellness - Receive ongoing and everyday care, like follow-up care, screenings, immunizations, diagnoses, and more at HealthHUB and MinuteClinic locations near Amherst.
- Health Plans - CVS health plans help patients find affordable healthcare including Medicaid, Medicare, and commercial options.
For everything from everyday over-the-counter items to prescription medication, go to your nearby CVS.
CVS Pharmacy Amherst, VA Drugstores FAQs
Is delivery available at CVS Pharmacy in Amherst, VA?
Yes, CVS Pharmacies in Amherst, VA deliver. 1 to 2 day delivery is available at almost all of our CVS Pharmacy locations. Delivery within hours is currently available in most markets (called "on-demand delivery" at checkout). Options available in your area will be displayed during checkout.
Is prescription delivery offered at CVS in Amherst, VA?
Yes, prescription delivery is available in Amherst, but not all prescriptions are eligible for delivery. Controlled substances and medications that require refrigeration cannot be delivered to most locations at this time. Other drug exclusions may apply. Please call us for additional details.
How does CVS pharmacy delivery work in Amherst, VA?
For pharmacy delivery in Amherst, Virginia, first, log in to sign up for text alerts or download our app to be notified when your prescription is ready. Then fill your prescription as you normally would. After refilling your prescription, when your order's ready for pickup, we'll let you know through text or in our app. From there, you will click the link within the notification to choose FREE 1 to 2 day or same-day delivery with Shipt. You can always choose to enroll in auto delivery during checkout to have eligible scripts automatically delivered in 1 to 2 days!
Does CVS Pharmacy in Virginia offer same day delivery?
Most CVS Pharmacies offer same day delivery for prescriptions through Shipt. CVS also offers same day delivery with Instacart. Order your items online and schedule your delivery for a time of your choosing! Get your items in as little as an hour, or pick a time that's most convenient for you.
How to transfer prescriptions to CVS Pharmacy in Amherst, VA?
CVS Pharmacy makes it easy for you to transfer your prescriptions to any one of our pharmacies. Transfer your prescriptions online with our online form or with help from our pharmacists by calling or visiting one of our pharmacies in Virginia. Learn more on how you can save with our Free Rx Savings Review once you transfer!
How to refill prescriptions in Amherst, VA?
Create or log into your CVS account to make refilling your Rx even easier. Online or through the app you are able to refill your prescriptions, link your family's prescriptions, view your prescription history, and even check order status! Set up automatic refills at no additional cost and we’ll let you know when your prescriptions are ready to be picked up at your pharmacy in Amherst!
What vaccines does CVS Pharmacy in Amherst, VA offer?
CVS Pharmacy offers the following vaccines:
- Cholera vaccine
- Rabies vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine
- Diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis vaccine
- Hepatitis A vaccine
- Hepatitis B vaccine
- Human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine
- Influenza (flu) vaccine
- Measles, mumps, rubella (MMR) vaccine
- Meningococcal (meningitis) vaccine
- Pneumococcal (pneumonia) vaccine
- Polio vaccine
- Typhoid vaccine
- Zoster (shingles) vaccine
- Varicella (chicken pox) vaccine
Call your pharmacy to confirm the availability of vaccines upon arrival.